The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Good morning INGO.

I felt better this morning. So I worked on my Ruger Rimfire Ranch rifle.
    Got the Arken scope on, and adjusted the trigger. It's ready to sight in, and be broken in.
    I got the trigger down to 2 3/4 - 2 7/8lb pull three pulls I a row. I'm very happy with that.
    This the highest it was according to my gauge.
    20240905_061418.jpg
    The other two was right on 2 3/4lb.

Woke up around 0430 so decided to get this ready for when I'm able to shoot it in.
    20240905_062732.jpg

Last edited:

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Of you wear out a CZ barrel you are doing some serious shooting. I believe Ben Stoeger has some CZs and others with over 100,000 rounds down the barrel that still hit the A zone.
    I don’t doubt that. A barrel warranty of all things seems kind of random but it’s nice to have a warranty on it opposed to none, I guess. You won’t catch me complaining about free warranties, I will say that!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Of you wear out a CZ barrel you are doing some serious shooting. I believe Ben Stoeger has some CZs and others with over 100,000 rounds down the barrel that still hit the A zone.
    BA and THE Wizard (with some help from the other CZickos) convinced me early on that CZ's only get better with use.

Last edited:

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Impact Machine posted on their Instagram that they’re now making their own aftermarket slides, starting with the sp01. Looks very promising.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Good Evening (morning for us 3rd shifters) CZers!!! Been busy, 2 high schoolers playing tennis. The Spanish exchange student is awesome, he’s our #2 tennis player. On a alarming note, had my son take a pic of this disturbing billboard bought by the demoquacks in Kosciusko County

Attachments

• IMG_1239.jpeg
      IMG_1239.jpeg
      618.5 KB · Views: 28

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Now, I get that she has no morales, intelligence, integrity, VP experience, for the last 4 years; BUT to flat out ask women to vote for her because she’s a woman??? I wonder how many more of these official demoquacks billboards are along major roads across this country. This sign is on State Road 13, between Syracuse and North Webster. It’s close to where lots of conservative Republicans turn off to go to Tri-County Shooting Range….go figure???….lol

Off soap box…..CZ!!!! Looking forward to cooler temps to put lead down range!!!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm back home from the woods. Other than getting the supplies (treated wood, caulking, paint) down there, no work was accomplished.
    I was hoping my friend next door would come help, but he remained busy with another project.

Ah well, overall it was nice down there. Autumn has started ! I'll probably have a few pics to show.

One sad announcement, as we have a lot of dog lovers here (me included). I said my final goodbye to my old German Shepherd friend, Annette.
    I've known her since we bought the cabin property 11 years ago. Her back hips have given out, and she's going to make that sad trip to the vet.
    I'll always remember her strength, beauty, and friendship.

3H4A2117%20copy-L.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    BA and THE Wizard (with some help from the other CZickos) convinced me early on that CZ's only get better with use.
    Of all of the tuned CZs that live in my safe, one of my favorite shooters is a stock pre-B that looked like it was drug to the gun shop on the end of a rope. Sadly, I lost that patina to a refinish, but that pistol is always a favorite to shoot with it's butter smooth action.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning CZ'ers. :coffee:

I must be getting used to full size 1911 carry again. I love the things, but they are a chunk of steel hanging off the hip all day. Typically, I'll stop carrying around dinner time and just go EDC free for the rest of the evening. By dinner, my back is letting me know that somethings not right. Yesterday though, I realized that I still had CM's 1911 in the holster on the belt when I was heading off to bed. I had totally forgotten it was there, in the way that you forget any comfortable EDC throughout the day. That doesn't often happen with me and full size 1911s.

We'll see if that happens again today. It's my wife's birthday, so I may swap CM's pistol for my barbecue 1911 tonight.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm back home from the woods. Other than getting the supplies (treated wood, caulking, paint) down there, no work was accomplished.
    I was hoping my friend next door would come help, but he remained busy with another project.

Ah well, overall it was nice down there. Autumn has started ! I'll probably have a few pics to show.

One sad announcement, as we have a lot of dog lovers here (me included). I said my final goodbye to my old German Shepherd friend, Annette.
    I've known her since we bought the cabin property 11 years ago. Her back hips have given out, and she's going to make that sad trip to the vet.
    I'll always remember her strength, beauty, and friendship.

3H4A2117%20copy-L.jpg
    I'm sorry to hear that MM. Losing a loved dog is tough. It sounds like she had a good life though.

Top Bottom