The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Do you think it could be the Holosun?

I think it’s the Holosun. China bad.
    It is a different reticle (circle dot) from the Sig Romeo1 Pro that came on the 226 (6 MOA dot)

but could also be because of

trump-and-china.gif

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My caretaker/friend is too busy with his own project to help me this trip.
    That's fine. The weather has been so pleasant, so why not enjoy ..... so I have been.

Multiple hammock sessions, divided by some guitar playing. But so far, my main pursuit has been photography.
    However, it's officially ginseng harvest season.
    Tomorrow will be a woods day, finding some prime treasures from the ground !

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Evening all,
    Late night for me, Just relaxing though and trying to catch up on the thread. I entered my first IDPA competition and will be competing with my friend this Saturday! I originally wanted to run the shadow I bought from the Wizard (this just gave a name Idea for her, The Wizard's Shadow, kind of a play on words and the group) BUT I don't have holster for her and my friend convinced me to go head to head with him, my P10C w/ RDS vs his P10F w/ RDS. However the Wizard has come to my rescue for the holster so I will be able to run the Wizard's Shadow in future competitions (thanks again offering to sell the holster Wizard :thumbsup: ). This will be my first competition since I shot for my JROTC bullseye air rifle team in high school, so a little exciting.

Before I sign off I want to say something to everyone. I hate to be the bearer of bad news if you haven't heard but Gun youtuber Paul Harrel has passed away. RIP to a legend but more importantly thank you all starting with WTT. WTT was the person I initially approached at the range when I heard him talking about CZ handguns, I was on the range with my newest gun at the time my P10C. Over time I bought some parts off of him for my Ruger MkIV and he introduced me to the Wizard where I bought the Shadow he had on offer. Its hard to believe but I've almost known them for a year or more now. What I really want to say is thanks to everyone for fostering such a welcoming community and having me in it. Also It was also great meeting a bunch of you in person at SGE earlier this year.
    Lastly prayers for anyone who needs them. Have a great rest of the week everyone!
    :ingo:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good morning folks! :coffee:

Sad news about Paul Harrell. He was one of my favorite YouTubers for quite a while.

Day 4 of 'Carry a 1911 to commemorate CM week' is upon us. It's still the full size stainless that he built that will be in the holster today. As much as I want to put my Sig Railed Nickel in the holster, I just can't on CM week.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My adventures with photography continue. I've added a second enlarger to the darkroom and have mostly moved from Canon to Pentax as my EDC. Right now, I'm doing a 'Snip Test'. That's where you shoot an entire roll of the same picture, then snip small sections of film off to figure out what processes work best for you. I've done 6 tests so far using two different developers and various times and exposures. It's a bit tedious, but it really lets you dial in exactly what you want from a specific film type. This weeks test is using Ilford FP4 Plus, which is a fine grain B&W daylight film. I've got this loaded in a bulk loader and am getting used to how it shoots and what results I can get. Next up, I'll probably do the same with HP5 or maybe Delta. I might go crazy and even see if I can find bulk T-Max.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My caretaker/friend is too busy with his own project to help me this trip.
    That's fine. The weather has been so pleasant, so why not enjoy ..... so I have been.

Multiple hammock sessions, divided by some guitar playing. But so far, my main pursuit has been photography.
    However, it's officially ginseng harvest season.
    Tomorrow will be a woods day, finding some prime treasures from the ground !

Seng season is never a good period here.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Evening all,
    Late night for me, Just relaxing though and trying to catch up on the thread. I entered my first IDPA competition and will be competing with my friend this Saturday! I originally wanted to run the shadow I bought from the Wizard (this just gave a name Idea for her, The Wizard's Shadow, kind of a play on words and the group) BUT I don't have holster for her and my friend convinced me to go head to head with him, my P10C w/ RDS vs his P10F w/ RDS. However the Wizard has come to my rescue for the holster so I will be able to run the Wizard's Shadow in future competitions (thanks again offering to sell the holster Wizard :thumbsup: ). This will be my first competition since I shot for my JROTC bullseye air rifle team in high school, so a little exciting.

Before I sign off I want to say something to everyone. I hate to be the bearer of bad news if you haven't heard but Gun youtuber Paul Harrel has passed away. RIP to a legend but more importantly thank you all starting with WTT. WTT was the person I initially approached at the range when I heard him talking about CZ handguns, I was on the range with my newest gun at the time my P10C. Over time I bought some parts off of him for my Ruger MkIV and he introduced me to the Wizard where I bought the Shadow he had on offer. Its hard to believe but I've almost known them for a year or more now. What I really want to say is thanks to everyone for fostering such a welcoming community and having me in it. Also It was also great meeting a bunch of you in person at SGE earlier this year.
    Lastly prayers for anyone who needs them. Have a great rest of the week everyone!
    :ingo:

Have fun at the IDPA competition. Just keep your head and follow the rules, that's even more important than shooting well. I was terrified the entire time I shot of getting a DQ. That would be worse than shooting poorly. Just slow down and concentrate and you'll do well.

Glad to have met you, you've been a great addition to our group... :D

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    My adventures with photography continue. I've added a second enlarger to the darkroom and have mostly moved from Canon to Pentax as my EDC. Right now, I'm doing a 'Snip Test'. That's where you shoot an entire roll of the same picture, then snip small sections of film off to figure out what processes work best for you. I've done 6 tests so far using two different developers and various times and exposures. It's a bit tedious, but it really lets you dial in exactly what you want from a specific film type. This weeks test is using Ilford FP4 Plus, which is a fine grain B&W daylight film. I've got this loaded in a bulk loader and am getting used to how it shoots and what results I can get. Next up, I'll probably do the same with HP5 or maybe Delta. I might go crazy and even see if I can find bulk T-Max.
    I'm jealous. It's my dream to have my very own dark room with everything I need to make prints, I actually have I think four rolls to develop now. I'd love to see picture of your setup if you have any! Hope your snip test goes well, I've only used FP4 once and I think I pushed it to 150. I have significantly more time under my belt with HP5, and like how flexible it is.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Kind of like dialing in which ammo a particular gun it seems (for the guys who like making tiny holes in clusters).

I'm more of the hit the plate with the bullet and snap the pic with the phone type.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Almost makes me wish I needed another hobby. I am glad you are enjoying it. I always did.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Afternoon all. Cz posted on their instagram a few minutes ago about offering a lifetime barrel warranty on guns manufactured up to 5 years ago, so that’s nice I suppose. Haven’t read the terms and conditions yet so who knows.

Hope everyone had a good labor day weekend, I’ve been trying to detox from social media platforms lately which is why I haven’t been around. Anywho, enjoy the nice weather and stay hydrated!

Side note while I’m thinking about it, prayers out to the families in Georgia. If you haven’t heard there was yet another school shooting today, reports are 4 dead, 30 injured. I’ll be hugging my loved ones tight this evening.

Last edited:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Afternoon all. Cz posted on their instagram a few minutes ago about offering a lifetime barrel warranty on guns manufactured up to 5 years ago, so that’s nice I suppose. Haven’t read the terms and conditions yet so who knows.
    Of you wear out a CZ barrel you are doing some serious shooting. I believe Ben Stoeger has some CZs and others with over 100,000 rounds down the barrel that still hit the A zone.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm jealous. It's my dream to have my very own dark room with everything I need to make prints, I actually have I think four rolls to develop now. I'd love to see picture of your setup if you have any! Hope your snip test goes well, I've only used FP4 once and I think I pushed it to 150. I have significantly more time under my belt with HP5, and like how flexible it is.
    Having a darkroom was a dream of mine for decades. It got real when MM gifted me his old enlarger last December. Spending a couple of hours working on a print is a great way to kill an evening. Especially during the colder winter months.

Top Bottom