The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    LOL, I'm laughing with you.
    I have two small bolt face, 700 short action actions that I bought 25+ years ago, still in the boxes, I've used none of the three AR lowers from the last run Andy did for us.
    A 1919 Browning kit with a few barrels thats never been finished, along with Ingram kits.
    This has been the year for scopes in my house, I have so many scope less rifles that never get used because it it. I think I have bought 5 scopes so far this year.

I have a new Woox stock that would go perfect with a SA 700 for a 204 Ruger. ;-). Anyone have a barrel laying around?

If we all got together and collectively assembled our unused parts, I’ll bet we could open a gun store.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have a new Woox stock that would go perfect with a SA 700 for a 204 Ruger. ;-). Anyone have a barrel laying around?

If we all got together and collectively assembled our unused parts, I’ll bet we could open a gun store.
    I tease my kid that I want to be at my own auction. Its all great stuff.

I dont have any 700 barrels, I do have 1919 Browning, M60 and a few M16's
    and a load of adl Remingtons and Savage's bought to rebarrel and restock. Just too many projects. None in 204 though.

abc987.jpg

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Just ran across Athlon scopes. Are they a good scope? Say Athlon vs Arken?
    I recently was looking up a bunch of info on that exact comparison. Both companies have several tiers of quality so you have to make sure you’re comparing apples to apples. The short answer is most reviews say Athlon out performs Arken but Arken is usually priced lower. For example the Athlon Ares BTR is said to be better than the Arken EP5 but the EP5 is cheaper. I was also looking at the Riton 3 Conquer as an entry level scope that has good reviews.

Full disclosure: This is only what I saw according to forums and YT reviews, I have no hands on experience with any of these brands.

I haven’t researched the other scopes mentioned by CZickos but I took notes to look into them. Recommendations made by long time CZickos carry a lot of weight to me. So I’ll definitely be looking at the other models mentioned.

Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27x50 review

Riton X3 Conquer 6-24x50 review

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Scopes are a tangled mess ! I've looked through some expensive ones, and of course. there's optical excellence .... but getting the last 10% of performance will cost you dearly. If you have the coin and inclination, go for it!

I only own one Athlon scope, and it's one of the cheaper ones. However, it's been mounted on 'Brutus' since the very beginniing, and it hasn't broken yet. That's a good sign.

Top Bottom