The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I haven’t researched the Argos. But in that application I don’t think you could go wrong with either one Athlon or Arken.

Also the Arken EPL-4 that others mentioned is on sale on Arken’s website right now for $299-329. That’s a lot of scope at that price.
    When it comes out is when a scope actually gets used, lower priced scopes will fail when ones starts cranking the knobs and zoom rings back and fourth.
    If it just goes to the range and shoots at 100 yds it will have a good life, until its dropped or bumped hard.

I recently bought two Vortex Venom FFP 5-25x56 - EBR-7C (MRAD)
    For $424.00 each, I believe its the most inexpensive scopes that I have ever bought. I believe in a few weeks that I'm going to buy another one.
    I like the MRAD grid, the clarity with them being 34MM it allows loads of light in them, for what they cost. I will see what the next few years bring me with these scopes.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    @88E30M50

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I'm saving up to finish a rifle build before the election. Must stay strong and not get distracted by the CZ Custom shop.:laugh:
    I’m fortunate enough to
    @88E30M50

yeah that’s a beauty!!!

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    So are Riton scopes good quality? I've heard very little of this company.
    I did look up the website it said their Conquer line is for target shooting.
    Does anyone have any experience with Riton?

@Firehawk
    It’s one I was looking at but I don’t have any experience with it. The reviews for the X3 Conquer seem to be overwhelmingly positive for the budget scope price point. Riton is a newer company and says they are Veteran owned, however the scopes are still manufactured in China. Their warranty and CS is supposed to be good. No nonsense lifetime warranty and no proof of purchase needed. I feel like that is the standard warranty these days.

I posted a YT review of it earlier. The review looks good but it’s hard for me to make a judgement without trying something out. Especially with scopes. Everything is relative and subjective. What one reviewer may call clear another may call dull.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Scope this out, amigos ! :joke:

I was compelled to buy more items from my fossil shop. I can study the item's photos and known history, but I don't really connect with it until I hold it in my hand .... and take my own photos.

This is a vertebrae from a cool, long-extinct fish that lived at least 53 million years ago. They grew to 16 feet long, and had a gnarly spiked mouth that would latch onto most anything.
    (click for BIG)
    i-tn5F55C-X2.jpg

1724729679582.png

I still have to photograph the other items. Stay tuned this week .... it's too hot for me to go anywhere !

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    After studying more, and at the budget price point I think I'm going to go with a 4-16× or similar.
    My understanding anything 20×+ to get decent clarity you have to get a decent scope which cost a good amount more than I want to spend on a $400 22lr rifle.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    After studying more, and at the budget price point I think I'm going to go with a 4-16× or similar.
    My understanding anything 20×+ to get decent clarity you have to get a decent scope which cost a good amount more than I want to spend on a $400 22lr rifle.
    I guess it depends on your price point but the scopes that have been mentioned* herein, won't disappoint at 20x+.

but it really depends upon your goals with the gun. If you really want to ammo test and find every bit of accuracy potential, you might want more than 16. If you want to shoot with respectable accuracy for the platform and ammo, 4-16 will be just fine.

Buying optics - never an easy process.....like others herein, I have a drawer full of dismounted scopes.

* - I have zero experience with Riton.

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    Anyone know of/have any experience with a good quality OWB P07 holster? I'm looking to get one for running drills and range days, but I'm not quite wanting to shell out Safariland money at the moment.

T1C has I believe a lvl II holster that I've heard good things about, dont know if I want to go that route yet though.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Anyone know of/have any experience with a good quality OWB P07 holster? I'm looking to get one for running drills and range days, but I'm not quite wanting to shell out Safariland money at the moment.

T1C has I believe a lvl II holster that I've heard good things about, dont know if I want to go that route yet though.
    C&G holsters. I have one for my P-07 and it’s worked extremely well.

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    Well that's two votes for C&G, guess I have to check them out. Thanks to the both of you!

If anyone else has holsters they like, let me know!

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country

C&G holsters. I have one for my P-07 and it’s worked extremely well.
    What he said ^^^. Hes the one that turned me onto them. Thanks Chris.

C&G makes a good affordable holster that works good for range and edc.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I guess it depends on your price point but the scopes that have been mentioned* herein, won't disappoint at 20x+.

but it really depends upon your goals with the gun. If you really want to ammo test and find every bit of accuracy potential, you might want more than 16. If you want to shoot with respectable accuracy for the platform and ammo, 4-16 will be just fine.

Buying optics - never an easy process.....like others herein, I have a drawer full of dismounted scopes.

* - I have zero experience with Riton.
    So you think an Arken EPL 4 6-24 will work just fine at 20x+?

Top Bottom