The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Our yellow raspberry experiment looks like it's going to produce enough to make a gallon of wine if the gardener will stop eating them. The pepper test in the greenhouse may change how she starts these in the late winter/early spring. Having pears every day, they are very good. Next year will definitely be different..

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Happy weekend everyone,
    Praying the best for everyone.

Got to meet firehawk in person last Monday at the range and he joined our group for lunch. Very nice guy! Had fun shooting my usual trio, Ruger MkIV, SP-01 Shadow 1, and P10-C that I carry. Got my crown finished up on Tuesday so another step forward but also a little chunk of change.
    Was running around today getting fitted for a tux for a friends wedding then went to get passport photos done. Unfortunately on my ride home had some issue pop up on my Subaru forester, started when I realized my A/C was just NOT working and had some lights pop on my dash but by God I was going to make it home. Did some automotive forum reading for my vehicle and according to my "expert" diagnosis I'm hoping it just needs an alternator. I did get it home but now it wont start so I'll need to have it towed Monday. I know I could do the work myself If I REALLY wanted but I'd rather have my guy I trust do it and get some other stuff settled with it (oil, maybe a wheel baring) and continue on with daily life + not have any unknowns. Just wish this kind of expense didn't happen right now. :wallbash:
    Thank God and Family that I'm good for it just hate seeing my savings go down instead of up.
    Hope everyone is having a better weekend than I had today with my car. :thumbsup:

edit: and now my phone wont charge.... :): :xmad::spend: (while it is time for a new one this is just getting ridiculous)
    Correction, it only charges while turned off on a wireless charger

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Hope everyone is having a better weekend than I had today with my car. :thumbsup:

edit: and now my phone wont charge.... :): :xmad::spend: (while it is time for a new one this is just getting ridiculous)

It seems that you've gotten all the bad stuff behind you, RP.
    I hope that the rest of the weekend is sunshine and happiness !

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Happy weekend everyone,

Got to meet firehawk in person last Monday at the range and he joined our group for lunch. Very nice guy! Had fun shooting my usual trio, Ruger MkIV, SP-01 Shadow 1, and P10-C that I carry. Got my crown finished up on Tuesday so another step forward but also a little chunk of change.
    Was running around today getting fitted for a tux for a friends wedding then went to get passport photos done. Unfortunately on my ride home had some issue pop up on my Subaru forester, started when I realized my A/C was just NOT working and had some lights pop on my dash but by God I was going to make it home. Did some automotive forum reading for my vehicle and according to my "expert" diagnosis I'm hoping it just needs an alternator. I did get it home but now it wont start so I'll need to have it towed Monday. I know I could do the work myself If I REALLY wanted but I'd rather have my guy I trust do it and get some other stuff settled with it (oil, maybe a wheel baring) and continue on with daily life + not have any unknowns. Just wish this kind of expense didn't happen right now. :wallbash:
    Thank God and Family that I'm good for it just hate seeing my savings go down instead of up.

It was great to meet you and shoot with you guys the other day. I’ll have to do it more often as work allows.

On your car, make sure you also get the battery tested and replaced if need be. A weak battery that doesn’t hold a charge can overwork the alternator and cause premature failure. It’s easy to overlook, I know, it’s something I learned the hard way once.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I took a deeper dive into the Baltic amber. There are sill many, many unknowns within.
    However, this bug still holds my interest the most. It's perfect for a dinosaur cloning experiement ! You can see it's entire digestive tract, and there's something in there.

3H4A3456-1%20copy-X2.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I took a deeper dive into the Baltic amber. There are sill many, many unknowns within.
    However, this bug still holds my interest the most. It's perfect for a dinosaur cloning experiement ! You can see it's entire digestive tract, and there's something in there.

3H4A3456-1%20copy-X2.jpg
    Well.
    Taste it!
    We’re waiting.

I bet it tastes like chicken.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Happy weekend everyone,

Good luck with getting everything taken care of. It stinks when things like that happen and even worse when other things happen at the same time to make things worse. At least it's fairly small things in the big picture and easily taken care of.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Happy weekend everyone,

Gotta pick the fluff outta the charging port occasionally. And sometimes they just wear out.
    C
    Lookee .... somebody is froggy today ! :draw:

You see all of those tiny air bubbles in the amber ?
    I think that the interesting deep-dive would be to pop them
    .... and take a whiff of 60 million year old air !
    Smells like dinosaur poop. There had to be tons of it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Gotta pick the fluff outta the charging port occasionally. And sometimes they just wear out.
    True, mine gets tons of lint in the charging port. Paper clip can help with some of that or blowing it out. I've charged this particular phone wirelessly almost exclusively from day 1, but on the off occasion I have had to try wired the port usually has a rabbit or 2 worth of fluff in there.

Last edited:

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    Evening everyone!

Just got home from shooting my new to me P-07. I feel cool just shooting it compared to my Glock. Beautiful shooting pistol, I think I've caught some sort of sickness...

Also see the classic low left shooting lol

Attachments

• 20240728_000439.jpg
      20240728_000439.jpg
      641.3 KB · Views: 8
    • 20240728_152540.jpg
      20240728_152540.jpg
      911.6 KB · Views: 8

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    C

Smells like dinosaur poop. There had to be tons of it.
    Got my new phone today so were all set. Mine has definitely worn out completely, I did the math and it was either 5 or 6 years old. I can safely say USB-C is better than the old Micro-USB but now instead of the cord prongs wearing out on the cable you have the port on the phone wearing out over time. Still a great improvement in reliability over Micro-USB. Also my old phone was apart of the last generation of phones that had a physical headphone jack before they started pushing wireless earbuds for all phones. So like I had said, it was definitely time.

Top Bottom