The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Morning fellas, coffee cant be strong enough this morning :coffee:
    I've been drinking Mullein tea in the morning and through the day. It's supposed to help inflammation in my lungs.
    I have a friend that is a respiratory therapist. She told me to start drinking it. I have noticed it loosens phlegm in my lungs.
    So hopefully it does help with the inflammation.

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    I've been drinking Mullein tea in the morning and through the day. It's supposed to help inflammation in my lungs.
    I have a friend that is a respiratory therapist. She told me to start drinking it. I have noticed it loosens phlegm in my lungs.
    So hopefully it does help with the inflammation.
    Really, I don't know if I have ever even heard of Mullein tea. I might have to look into it though because I do have some inflammation issues, and just recently found out I might have gout.

Speaking of, how are you doing? Recovery going well and as it should?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Everything is drying out again this year. Animals are moving north into HNF valley for water. The gardener has lilac bushes that went dormant because of the drought that are now leafing back out and blooming.

It remains brutally dry in my little corridor of the state. Each rain has seemingly gone a little north or a little south us - split by the mighty Forks of the Wabash River.

We have seen a couple different raccoons and some possums on the cameras overnight. Assuming they are also looking for water?

Dog is in full on backyard hunting mode over the new smells. lol.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Really, I don't know if I have ever even heard of Mullein tea. I might have to look into it though because I do have some inflammation issues, and just recently found out I might have gout.

Speaking of, how are you doing? Recovery going well and as it should?
    I'm better, but have a long way to go.
    I found that out Sunday when my boy, and family came to visit.

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    I'm better, but have a long way to go.
    I found that out Sunday when my boy, and family came to visit.
    Well I'm glad you're on the mend and feeling somewhat better. Watch out for the winter though, my dad has some lung issues and I know the dry, cool air effects his lungs. But, his lung issues are more chronic so your mileage may very.

In other news, just got back from my lunch break. Went and sat in my car in the nearby park to enjoy the weather. When I went to go leave I noticed a gold suv (think it was a ford) parked perpendicular to the parking spaces about 10 spaces down from me. I go to pull out and they immediately pull out behind me, but start creeping at like 5 mph in a 15. I couldn't tell if I saw light bars at the top of their windshield, or if it was their sun-visors I saw. But, I'm pretty sure it was an unmarked cop.

Anyway, I guess I'm a suspicious person for enjoying the weather in a public park

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Well I'm glad you're on the mend and feeling somewhat better. Watch out for the winter though, my dad has some lung issues and I know the dry, cool air effects his lungs. But, his lung issues are more chronic so your mileage may very.

In other news, just got back from my lunch break. Went and sat in my car in the nearby park to enjoy the weather. When I went to go leave I noticed a gold suv (think it was a ford) parked perpendicular to the parking spaces about 10 spaces down from me. I go to pull out and they immediately pull out behind me, but start creeping at like 5 mph in a 15. I couldn't tell if I saw light bars at the top of their windshield, or if it was their sun-visors I saw. But, I'm pretty sure it was an unmarked cop.

Anyway, I guess I'm a suspicious person for enjoying the weather in a public park
    Psychopath.
    IMG_8546.jpeg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Quick range trip this afternoon with the 226 and 229 today.

Used the dot target @mcapo provided, at 5 yards to see if things were generally good with the 229 and the Holosun that's on it. Then ran a few strings on the plates today. Just needed to slow down just a bit and then let the speed come with running a few strings with the timer.

That gun optic combo just takes a bit more concentration than the 226. I'm almost convinced that the 226 runs so well that it can cause some sloppy habits on other guns.

Got my Spire Gunworks Obsidian wrench today. Will check that tomorrow for fit.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Used the dot target @mcapo provided, at 5 yards to see if things were generally good with the 229 and the Holosun that's on it. Then ran a few strings on the plates today. Just needed to slow down just a bit and then let the speed come with running a few strings with the timer.

That gun optic combo just takes a bit more concentration than the 226. I'm almost convinced that the 226 runs so well that it can cause some sloppy habits on other guns.

Do you think it could be the Holosun?

I think it’s the Holosun. China bad.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

MCFG? I was there with my 457 this afternoon.

Top Bottom