THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Nope, I'm a drink what you like kinda guy. I like different, but respect your decision as you're shelling out much less per cup than I am... ;)
    I appreciate good coffee, I really do. My son makes fabulous coffee in his french press. To be honest, I am just too lazy to make a good cup and I like the empty Folger plastic containers for spent casings that I will reload (someday).

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I appreciate good coffee, I really do. My son makes fabulous coffee in his french press. To be honest, I am just too lazy to make a good cup and I like the empty Folger plastic containers for spent casings that I will reload (someday).

I haven't had great coffee since December 2019 when I was in Phoenix for training. The hotel I stayed at had some of the best coffee I've ever had. The coffee I make is better (to me) than foldgers and what I make in the keurig, but it's not what I would call a great cup of joe.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I haven't had great coffee since December 2019 when I was in Phoenix for training. The hotel I stayed at had some of the best coffee I've ever had. The coffee I make is better (to me) than foldgers and what I make in the keurig, but it's not what I would call a great cup of joe.
    You talked about this before but from watching my son...I think the key is very hot but not boiling water, quality/fresh beans ground the moment before use along with the proper time and pressure in the press.

Everything else is just a cup of coffee.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Out of coffee this morning so had to venture out to Dunkin. Not how I wanted to start. I went everyday for probably ten years but the last year or so I’ve been using the Keurig. Not really a money thing just a lazy thing but I did notice today prices went up quite a bit, so I will do better making sure I’m stocked up at home lol
    Sam's sends the coffee beans to the house. I keep a bag and a hand grinder on the truck. Barb has an electricical grinder at the house. Go juice.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Morning to all my Peeps in Hoosier Land.

I've been off - n - sick for the past 3.5 weeks.

Good enough to do a 2 hour concert last Sunday but fell back into the funk of head cold etc.

I am quite done with it.

I hope your middle Fall days are good ones and that y'all shoot straight and shoot a lot.!

Miss you all and prolly need to make a trip back to see you cats before the end of the year.

I'll see what I can do.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Good Morning to all my Peeps in Hoosier Land.

I've been off - n - sick for the past 3.5 weeks.

Good enough to do a 2 hour concert last Sunday but fell back into the funk of head cold etc.

I am quite done with it.

I hope your middle Fall days are good ones and that y'all shoot straight and shoot a lot.!

Miss you all and prolly need to make a trip back to see you cats before the end of the year.

I'll see what I can do.
    We have always talked about a mil-surp winter shoot.....

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You talked about this before but from watching my son...I think the key is very hot but not boiling water, quality/fresh beans ground the moment before use along with the proper time and pressure in the press.

Everything else is just a cup of coffee.

Yep.

I use an aeropress instead of a french press, as I like my coffee filtered. Otherwise you have type of beans, roast, quality of beans, grind setting, freshness of beans, water temp, ratio of water to beans, etc. It's a whole lot more complicated than tossing already ground coffee into a basket, water in the machine and pressing the button like I grew up with... :):

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Purple aside:

No doubt. CZ/DW tooled up for this pistol pre-covid and the market changed on them after they took years to release it.
    Understood, I really was poking fun. It looks to be an exceptional pistol, and like you mentioned, I wouldn't want to wade into a slide cut until there was a good option for a cover plate, and if you ultimately decide if you like how it performs, with an optic of some sort, even with an adapter using the existing rear sight cut.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Understood, I really was poking fun. It looks to be an exceptional pistol, and like you mentioned, I wouldn't want to wade into a slide cut until there was a good option for a cover plate, and if you ultimately decide if you like how it performs, with an optic of some sort, even with an adapter using the existing rear sight cut.
    I know you were poking fun but the lack of an optics cut was one reason that I really hadn't seriously considered buying one.

I have to think the new S2 compact will be a good seller once prices stabilize due to its optic cut.

I bought an adapter plate for now. When the OR version comes out, I know a guy with a mill....and he is not afraid to use.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom