THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Sorry to hear that. Next time you might check out Costco for glasses. Great pricing in my experience and great service.
    Since retired, I don't have vision insurance anymore through work. :wallbash:
    After getting my eye doctor examination and a script for glasses, I got the usual price for them at $450 at my usual 2 yr. exam. :spend:
    Went to Costco & got my tri-focal glasses for $180. :rockwoot:
    That's only 40% of the $450 charge: a 60% discount!
    I was stunned.
    Costco didn't charge extra for this & that, it was just a flat rate for the optical & the frames.
    I will always go there in the future. :thumbsup:

Sams Club did not provide tri-focals, so they were no help. :scratch:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    So, Monday the nose bridge snapped on my glasses, and I did not attend a range trip. Today after a call to Meijer optical I found out my warranty went out in July. They have my frames and could put my lenses in them for a discounted price of $150, that's over 2000 rounds of CCI 22 ammo! That sucks because next week I will get 2 dates for cataract surgery to take place in December. My insurance will pay for new glasses after surgery whatever is needed. I decided not to waste money on frames and will buy the ammo instead. I went shooting today and shot much better than expected. I talked to a guy in the lane next to me because it sounded like he was firing full auto suppressed! What he had was a Rock River AR, SBR, suppressed 9mm with a fancy trigger. He asked if I wanted to shoot it and I was like heck yes! It only took 2 pulls of the trigger to get the feel for it! Several burst then mag dump, great fun!
    For really cheap glasses (not necessarily the best but something to get by with) I have a pair from https://www.zennioptical.com/. i got a pair of progressive glasses, anti glare and coated lenses for under $100.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    So, Monday the nose bridge snapped on my glasses, and I did not attend a range trip. Today after a call to Meijer optical I found out my warranty went out in July. They have my frames and could put my lenses in them for a discounted price of $150, that's over 2000 rounds of CCI 22 ammo! That sucks because next week I will get 2 dates for cataract surgery to take place in December. My insurance will pay for new glasses after surgery whatever is needed. I decided not to waste money on frames and will buy the ammo instead. I went shooting today and shot much better than expected. I talked to a guy in the lane next to me because it sounded like he was firing full auto suppressed! What he had was a Rock River AR, SBR, suppressed 9mm with a fancy trigger. He asked if I wanted to shoot it and I was like heck yes! It only took 2 pulls of the trigger to get the feel for it! Several burst then mag dump, great fun!
    My wife buys her glasses online. She wears contacts most of time and buys a cheap pair of glasses online just for a back up. Glassesusa.com, but you have to have a current prescription (within the last 2 years I think). Maybe something there will be good enough to get you by for cheap.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Out of coffee this morning so had to venture out to Dunkin. Not how I wanted to start. I went everyday for probably ten years but the last year or so I’ve been using the Keurig. Not really a money thing just a lazy thing but I did notice today prices went up quite a bit, so I will do better making sure I’m stocked up at home lol

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Out of coffee this morning so had to venture out to Dunkin. Not how I wanted to start. I went everyday for probably ten years but the last year or so I’ve been using the Keurig. Not really a money thing just a lazy thing but I did notice today prices went up quite a bit, so I will do better making sure I’m stocked up at home lol
    Coffee need not be complicated...only effective. (mcapo waits for wt to lecture him on what proper coffee is :stickpoke: )

1697634265880.png

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I am sorry @bcannon . I ordered an adapter plate and am going to put a Holosun 507c acss on it. So sorry....

I might mill it later but will wait to see if DW makes a cover plate. I have to imagine OR models aren't far behind?
    I feel bad for that DMX. A $2k pistol deserves better IMnsHO but you do you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom