THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    On my Honda S2000, you must turn the cap "3 clicks" (I do 5ish) or a light will come on.
    Drove my son nuts when he bought his b/c you have to go to the dealership to get light to turn off since they don't tell you how to clear the light.
    Theoretically the light should clear after the appropriate drive cycle for a given test, I believe. Of course, many code readers can do so as well.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Picked up the Staccato CS on Friday and went to the range on Sunday. There's a nice indoor range in Sioux Falls called the Alliance, it's affiliated with the American Legion and VFW and the proceeds go to support Veteran causes. They also have venue/concert space, a restaurant and gift shop so it's an interesting place to go. I shot about 100rds through the CS and the picture shows about 50rds of Sig and Underwood hp's, the target looks bigger than it is, it shot very well. It is a light short barreled gun so it takes some getting used to but will easily shoot minute of bad guy.

6srTvWim.jpg

The Alliance

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I clean them until you can eat your breakfast from the innards !
    There's something about "inspect, test, maintain, modify" nuclear weapons (truly, the only thing I was allowed to say) that carries over. Nukes are clean inside.
    I like mine squeaky clean with a pass of Lucas oil in the barrel and friction points.

I remember you worked on nukes, I'm sure you can't talk about it, but it seems very interesting.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Picked up the Staccato CS on Friday and went to the range on Sunday. There's a nice indoor range in Sioux Falls called the Alliance, it's affiliated with the American Legion and VFW and the proceeds go to support Veteran causes. They also have venue/concert space, a restaurant and gift shop so it's an interesting place to go. I shot about 100rds through the CS and the picture shows about 50rds of Sig and Underwood hp's, the target looks bigger than it is, it shot very well. It is a light short barreled gun so it takes some getting used to but will easily shoot minute of bad guy.

6srTvWim.jpg

The Alliance

I first read that as 100 yards and 50 yards....I was impressed. Still am but just a little less. ;)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I need one of these.
    Or grab this https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/ruger-super-redhawk-alaskan-454-casull.541732/

Easier to pocket carry and take out those pesky squirrels while mowing.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    First shoots with the DWX today. Started at 7 yards and a bit all over the place trying to find it. I've destroyed that target.

Moved back to 20 yards and shot a 15 round group, as shown below. After the first few high shots, it settled into a decent group but well left as my POA is at the location of the front sight (Yes - I hang targets sideways).

After seeing the POI, ran about 150 rounds on steel and bowling pins just for sh$t$ and giggles - consistently left. Not a single failure of any kind with 124 grain A.E.

I am happy with its first outing. The gun is well fit. At first, if you closed the slide slowly with an empty chamber, you would have to push it into battery at lockup. That is gone now but indicated to me that barrel fitment was spot on.

Only issues are with the night sights - I see them double. Ending up shooting with my reading glasses which meant the target is a really really really big blur. Might have to go FO front or put a red dot on it.

I will make a sight adjustment and load up some more mags...

b25d966ae8ebd15583f8725513cdf54b.jpg

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    First shoots with the DWX today. Started at 7 yards and a bit all over the place trying to find it. I've destroyed that target.

Moved back to 20 yards and shot a 15 round group, as shown below. After the first few high shots, it settled into a decent group but well left as my POA is at the location of the front sight (Yes - I hang targets sideways).

After seeing the POI, ran about 150 rounds on steel and bowling pins just for sh$t$ and giggles - consistently left. Not a single failure of any kind with 124 grain A.E.

I am happy with its first outing. The gun is well fit. At first, if you closed the slide slowly you would have to push it into battery at lockup. That is gone now but indicated to me that barrel fitment was spot on.

Only issues are with the night sights - I see them double. Ending up shooting with my reading glasses which meant the target is a really really really big blur. Might have to go FO front or put a red dot on it.

When did this happen, this is the first i'm seeing of a DWX purchase.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

I am happy with its first outing. The gun is well fit. At first, if you closed the slide slowly you would have to push it into battery at lockup. That is gone now but indicated to me that barrel fitment was spot on.

Dibs

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom