THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    :wow:

You cats are either contemplating, or doing some cool stuff !

WS .... I've always liked Pach's, either classic or modern ! You can't go wrong with them on a classic period gun !

T-friend .... nice range trip. That's some fine shooting. Do you have big plans for the Prodigy (customizing ?)

RP.... congrats on the fab Wizard-tuned gun. It just took the right gun, and the right shooting buds to bring you into the light !

Me ... They just call me MM, mostly. But as the old man on the mountain, I've had other names. Actual hoodlums called me "the Hammer" in my 20's ... long before the insurance clown on the billboards. P.S. --- I wasn't a carpenter !

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Amazon was nice enough to bring me my last Thursday delivery of two Case Clubs TODAY….as bonus they were kind enough to give me one gen 2 and one gen 3. Oh well…

d42e284a2c34cc65dc4696eba7d05bfa.jpg
    I got a Gen 3 also

IMG_0324.jpeg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    On another note, I know they are not as sexy as some of the G10 type VZ, Lok, etc grips, but I'm thinking about going with some old school Pachmayr grips on one of my SA-35's and maybe even the 1911.

Thoughts?

On the order of these internet images:

feab10a364e87c175e3514959e850c26.jpg

img_1246-jpg.41697

If you like the look and feel, why not? That's the great thing about being able to change out grip panels like that is to be able to customize everything to your personal taste.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Afternoon all,
    Had a great range day with the Wizard, WTB, and my friend who was in town from Michigan. Was able to shoot a 357 magnum/38special revolver (S&W model(?)) for the first time today so that was amazingly fun. Lots of muzzle flash and a little more awkward to hold than an autoloader. Also its been 2 weeks and I can reveal my secret now that its paid off. I bought a CZ SP-01 Shadow what was worked on by the Wizard. Truly an amazing piece, double action is very smooth and the single action is amazing as to be expected. Never shot the same hole so many times over with a 9mm before, only had similar results with my Ruger MKIV. I've officially caught the CZickness from you guys....

View attachment 304446
    Good looking piece. Shadows are great, IMHO.

My first CZ was a Shadow from this group. Doubt I'll ever get rid of it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    T-friend .... nice range trip. That's some fine shooting. Do you have big plans for the Prodigy (customizing ?)
    I have a list going of repairs/upgrades after my teardown and inspection. I really like this 2011 design. This gun is gonna be my gateway drug into a new chapter of fun.

- Ejector (loose)
    - Oversized firing pin stop (to fix extractor that clocks and has front/back movement)
    - Tune and fit extractor as needed (factory tension is wayyyy too tight, I could barely get the extractor out of the slide)
    - Extended slide stop (factory one is too recessed to use easily)
    - Mainspring housing (factory one is plastic, not a fan). Probably go with an EGW that's made for a magwell add-on.

Thinking about possibly going with all stainless controls to give a nice contrast to the black gun, similar to a Sig Nightmare 1911. Might also do some custom slide porting (just slide, not barrel porting). Actually slide porting is next on my list of practice machining stuff, because I'd like to do slide porting on several guns.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I have a list going of repairs/upgrades after my teardown and inspection. I really like this 2011 design. This gun is gonna be my gateway drug into a new chapter of fun.

- Ejector (loose)
    - Oversized firing pin stop (to fix extractor that clocks and has front/back movement)
    - Tune and fit extractor as needed (factory tension is wayyyy too tight, I could barely get the extractor out of the slide)
    - Extended slide stop (factory one is too recessed to use easily)
    - Mainspring housing (factory one is plastic, not a fan). Probably go with an EGW that's made for a magwell add-on.

Thinking about possibly going with all stainless controls to give a nice contrast to the black gun, similar to a Sig Nightmare 1911. Might also do some custom slide porting (just slide, not barrel porting). Actually slide porting is next on my list of practice machining stuff, because I'd like to do slide porting on several guns.

I always loved the Sig Nightmare look ! :thumbsup:
    Although I understand that there can be practical usefulness to slide porting, for me, it puts the gun into a different category almost .... although I've seen examples that I like, and ones that I don't.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Afternoon all,
    Had a great range day with the Wizard, WTB, and my friend who was in town from Michigan. Was able to shoot a 357 magnum/38special revolver (S&W model(?)) for the first time today so that was amazingly fun. Lots of muzzle flash and a little more awkward to hold than an autoloader. Also its been 2 weeks and I can reveal my secret now that its paid off. I bought a CZ SP-01 Shadow what was worked on by the Wizard. Truly an amazing piece, double action is very smooth and the single action is amazing as to be expected. Never shot the same hole so many times over with a 9mm before, only had similar results with my Ruger MKIV. I've officially caught the CZickness from you guys....

View attachment 304446
    “Reece’s Pieces” sounds like an awesome name for a gun related YouTube channel. Just throwing that out there… I’m sure members here would be willing to lend some pieces for extra content.

I’m thinking like Jay’s Garage but with guns instead of cars, “Reece’s Pieces”

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom