THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    And funny too. I like it. All I can afford is "Less" Can't even get to the Baer part, unless it's "barely"

I let a Baer slip though my hands a few years back. Sigh.

Only 1911 I’ve seen that you had no choice but to use a bushing wrench. Amazing tolerances.

Had the gun came with its own wrench, I would have bought it. (Inside joke if the seller is reading)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wrong. You're T-Capo and I'm M-Dogg. You're slipping old man.
    52-1024x538-1.jpg

Sorry, I read T-dogg's post in that voice in my mind. I really have watched too many movies for my own good.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Made a fun range trip this morning. Took some handguns for test and tune along with comparisons.

Dialed in the Prodigy and K12 at around 25 yards off a bench with bags and Aguila 115 FMJ ammo. Tested out the GSG new front sight and discovered it likes my other Sig suppressor (actually improved accuracy too). Played around with the Tisas .45 bobtail some more.

Also compared the 9mm stuff today; Prodigy / K12 / Jericho / Tisas 1911.
    Accuracy:
    Seemed similar for the most part, granted I only compared that at 7 yards with one kind of ammo.

Felt Recoil (softest to harshest):
    Prodigy
    Tisas (very close to Prodigy)
    Jericho
    K12 (kind surprising)

The Prodigy and Tisas have a very enjoyable "slower" feel to how they cycle. The Jericho and K12 were noticably "snappier" but not so much that I'd say they weren't enjoyable to shoot, just a bit different of a feel and you could tell the slides were cycling faster.

I did have issues with cycling in the GSG and Prodigy thanks to a combo of using grease on the rails and firing weaker ammo. They were both getting sluggish and you could feel it when manually racking the slide, which in turned was causing short stroking failures. I had the same issues with the Tisas 9mm until I either used 124gr ammo or eventually just switched to oil for the rails instead of grease (Lucas gun oil vs Slip 2000 Extreme Weapon Grease).

20231009_110654.jpg

Bottom row on pix below was playing around with shooting left hand, right hand and faster rate of fire using both hands.

20231009_104302.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Also, I had issues with light primer strikes on the K12 after installing the Galloway reduced power spring kit. I swapped the original hammer and firing pin springs back in and fired 95 rounds today with zero issues. I also don't like how the reset feels in the gun with those Galloway springs, so I'm putting the original stuff all back in. Which puts the trigger pull weight back to 5lbs, but that's a deceiving number for this gun because it doesn't feel that high.

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Afternoon all,
    Had a great range day with the Wizard, WTB, and my friend who was in town from Michigan. Was able to shoot a 357 magnum/38special revolver (S&W model(?)) for the first time today so that was amazingly fun. Lots of muzzle flash and a little more awkward to hold than an autoloader. Also its been 2 weeks and I can reveal my secret now that its paid off. I bought a CZ SP-01 Shadow what was worked on by the Wizard. Truly an amazing piece, double action is very smooth and the single action is amazing as to be expected. Never shot the same hole so many times over with a 9mm before, only had similar results with my Ruger MKIV. I've officially caught the CZickness from you guys....

0564165165.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Made a fun range trip this morning. Took some handguns for test and tune along with comparisons.

Dialed in the Prodigy and K12 at around 25 yards off a bench with bags and Aguila 115 FMJ ammo. Tested out the GSG new front sight and discovered it likes my other Sig suppressor (actually improved accuracy too). Played around with the Tisas .45 bobtail some more.

Also compared the 9mm stuff today; Prodigy / K12 / Jericho / Tisas 1911.
    Accuracy:
    Seemed similar for the most part, granted I only compared that at 7 yards with one kind of ammo.

Felt Recoil (softest to harshest):
    Prodigy
    Tisas (very close to Prodigy)
    Jericho
    K12 (kind surprising)

The Prodigy and Tisas have a very enjoyable "slower" feel to how they cycle. The Jericho and K12 were noticably "snappier" but not so much that I'd say they weren't enjoyable to shoot, just a bit different of a feel and you could tell the slides were cycling faster.

I did have issues with cycling in the GSG and Prodigy thanks to a combo of using grease on the rails and firing weaker ammo. They were both getting sluggish and you could feel it when manually racking the slide, which in turned was causing short stroking failures. I had the same issues with the Tisas 9mm until I either used 124gr ammo or eventually just switched to oil for the rails instead of grease (Lucas gun oil vs Slip 2000 Extreme Weapon Grease).

View attachment 304423

Bottom row on pix below was playing around with shooting left hand, right hand and faster rate of fire using both hands.

View attachment 304424
    My Prodigy was IMO very undersprung, I went up one recoil spring weight and it made a difference.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom