THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Really appreciate the group allowing me to attend. The last 45 minutes or so was a whirlwind of guns being put in my hands to shoot. I normally shy away from shooting other people's guns, but once I broke down and asked WTB to shoot one of his, the floodgates opened up and it seemed like a different gun from each person in the group was in my hands every few minutes. Several of which I was shooting better than my own yesterday.

Got to shoot full auto for the first time, got to shoot some CZ's, and various 1911's.

I wasn't using my magnified (at the top) shooting glasses and it showed on the iron sights, but I have no excuses on shooting poorly with optics. That said, I shot a couple of guns with fiber optic iron sights and those were really popping out.

I didn't even make it over to the rifle range to check that out.

Great day, great food, great people, and great guns.

Thanks to all, especially @patience0830
    for hosting so graciously, and @AllenM for putting up with me on the ride down and back.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The last two contests of the day were 22 USBR cards.

In the under $1000 class t-dogg, represented for his second win of the day! Gun was a CZ, of course.

44a5ca559b59e0fb19ce9ad29e77001a.jpg

The over $1000 class pitted shooter v shooter v shooter with the same Vudoo rifle (not Reed’s but Reed’s fault). In spite of brutal winds which died down for later competitors, mcapo came out just ahead of the fierce competition.

a9b53953473571909ba39bcde62ecaeb.jpg
    That Voodoo is amazing. If'n I'd known there were little circles inside the middle ring, I'd have worked harder at it. :facepalm: :evilangel:;)

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    The winner of the CM Challenge was T-dogg with a perfect ten!

Ok. Maybe that included a mulligan but he is a strict rule follower.

The real loser was the target hanger board.

bb9292d98c63fd0791cbc4baa8b28b95.jpg
    It’s Patience’s fault I didn’t go 10 for 10! He had me swinging that splitting maul the day before! He kept telling me “Swing harder! Keep going! You have to perfect that swing!” Now I see the real motive…. I was all sore and shaky for FGE!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yesterday was the perfect blend of hanging out with great people, eating great food, and shooting world-class guns. The mix of attendees was spot on. There were some folks I missed from being there, but the folks that were able to make it were great to hang out with.

The new-to-FGE folks were great to get to know.

As is always the case, I came home thinking that I need to let mediocre guns go to new homes and pick up a couple of stellar guns to replace them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It’s Patience’s fault I didn’t go 10 for 10! He had me swinging that splitting maul the day before! He kept telling me “Swing harder! Keep going! You have to perfect that swing!” Now I see the real motive…. I was all sore and shaky for FGE!
    Lots of coffee and 3 of WTs donuts didn't help my shooting ability. At least, that's the excuse I'm using

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Yesterday was the perfect blend of hanging out with great people, eating great food, and shooting world-class guns. The mix of attendees was spot on. There were some folks I missed from being there, but the folks that were able to make it were great to hang out with.

The new-to-FGE folks were great to get to know.

As is always the case, I came home thinking that I need to let mediocre guns go to new homes and pick up a couple of stellar guns to replace them.
    I run a home for mediocre guns. I can help.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That @ChrisK Stacatto pitch is working. I'm starting to think that 20% discount he's getting is an employee/influencer discount.

Last edited:

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Afternoon all,
    Looks like everyone had a great time last week. Was a long week of making Yoohoo shakes for me and some family drama but we all survived and had a good time. I also managed to have some time to see something I really liked and I think you guys will like too... The last functional Normandy landing ship, the LST 325 (Landing Ship Tank or Large Slow Target as a joke name). It has a max speed of 10 mph and gets 7 and 1/2 gallons to the mile on diesel. Other cool things on display was the Jeep from the T.V. movie MASH and an Arisaka bolt rifle. If you're wondering why there's a Greek flag in the back of the Jeep picture, its because this ship ended up in Greece after the war and stayed there until the "Gold Crew" decided to sail it back to the US in 2000-2001. It eventually ended up in Evansville where it was originally manufactured to be made into a living museum. Other cool facts Evansville produced the most LSTs in the United States and 95-96% of the 45. ammunition used in the war by the US was made in Evansville. The more you know!

289498564.jpg289748955498.jpg178416589.jpg189745594984.jpg1984981654198.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom