THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    that's how you are nice to someone

Does this dude look "nice" to you ? We're CZickos .... banditos !
    We come with our guns drawn, and our fangs out !!! ;)

3H4A2148%20copy-L.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    By the way, if anyone wants to tangle with me today ..... good luck !
    I'm feeling meaner than the proverbial junkyard dog.

They pulled teeth until the blood was so thick that the dentist had to stop. (I'm not exaggerating .... that's what she said)
    Then, I was told that I might have to go to an oral surgeon to get the remaining bits removed. I go back next Thursday for more X-rays.
    Plus, on top of the fact that I can't eat, or drink anyway, they started me on antibiotics, and my stomach is already protesting.

Did I sleep last night .... hell no.

:ranton:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

They pulled teeth until the blood was so thick that the dentist had to stop. (I'm not exaggerating .... that's what she said)
    Then, I was told that I might have to go to an oral surgeon to get the remaining bits removed. I go back next Thursday for more X-rays.
    Plus, on top of the fact that I can't eat, or drink anyway, they started me on antibiotics, and my stomach is already protesting.

I hate to hear that, sounds awful.

I take probiotics if I have to take antibiotics. It seems to help the stomach issue for me.:twocents:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I hate to hear that, sounds awful.

I take probiotics if I have to take antibiotics. It seems to help the stomach issue for me.:twocents:

Thanks, man. I've broken bones, and had some gnarly operations, but this is miserable.
    I'll have to remember to request (if possible) probiotics next time. I just looked .... they gave me Amoxicillin.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Damn, I'm surprised they didn't punt in the beginning to the oral surgeon. My dentist outsources the heavy lifting stuff for the most part from the start. Drags out scheduling, but for the most part (excluding my last trips) keeps from having to get in the middle of something and go elsewhere.

Sorry to hear this. Always disconcerting to get into the middle of something like that and have to continue it at a later time.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Sorry to hear that amigo. Sounds like they gave you the wrong antibiotics. Not all of them will tear your stomach up that bad. Hope you're able to deal as long as needed.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Damn, I'm surprised they didn't punt in the beginning to the oral surgeon. My dentist outsources the heavy lifting stuff for the most part from the start. Drags out scheduling, but for the most part (excluding my last trips) keeps from having to get in the middle of something and go elsewhere.

Sorry to hear this. Always disconcerting to get into the middle of something like that and have to continue it at a later time.

The first three teeth came out somewhat easy .... but the last one broke off a root.
    By then, they couldn't control the bleeding. My number was up, I suppose.
    Thanks !

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Sorry to hear that amigo. Sounds like they gave you the wrong antibiotics. Not all of them will tear your stomach up that bad. Hope you're able to deal as long as needed.

Thanks, WT. They offered a pain prescription, but I refused. At one time, I was taking Schedule 2 pills for my lumbar problems, but I quit all of that last winter.
    I'm surviving on Advil Dual-Action (it's new, and was recommended by the dentist).

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks, WT. They offered a pain prescription, but I refused. At one time, I was taking Schedule 2 pills for my lumbar problems, but I quit all of that last winter.
    I'm surviving on Advil Dual-Action (it's new, and was recommended by the dentist).

The problem is you're taking an antibiotic that's rough on your stomach and then adding advil which is also rough on the stomach. Double dose of no fun :(

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I always ask the Doc or Dentist for the antibiotic that is easy on the stomach, but still effective for whatever issue I'm needing it for. Usually I have no issues thanks to that, but I can't take advil at all without getting serious stomach issues.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I always ask the Doc or Dentist for the antibiotic that is easy on the stomach, but still effective for whatever issue I'm needing it for. Usually I have no issues thanks to that, but I can't take advil at all without getting serious stomach issues.
    Wow ... not Advil !

By the time I left yesterday, I wasn't talking ..... I just wanted to get home.
    So, I didn't even inquire about the type of antibiotic.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Mike, I’ll keep you in my prayers. I’ve had dental work that was very unpleasant but nothing like what you are going through.

Thanks, Chris. I'm sure that some of the dental trouble is my fault. When I was in my 40's , I didn't go for the preventative maintenance that I should have.

Ah well, I'm still standing, and I bet my shooting hand is as workable as always. :shoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom