THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Can your dentist get you into an oral surgeon on Monday? This is something that your dentist should have done when things were not going well.

I guess that yesterday's trauma has to heal a bit. Right now, I can barely open my mouth. Evidently, the new X-rays next Thursday are supposed to show where the digging need to commence.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Hope everyones day is better than ours. Fridge died yesterday. Came home to a large puddle and spent several hours cleaning up water and tossing thawed food. Went shopping with the Mrs and picked put a new one. Delivered this morning. Got the old one loaded on their truck and then brought the new one in but it had a large dent in an area that was obvious from anywhere in our house so refused delivery. Was given a number to reschedule delivery with aa undamaged one. When I called, the prompt I was told to press cut me off 4 times. Tried different prompts but no way to talk to a human or leave a message. SomI called the store. On hold for 15 minutes with no one picking up (kept going back to the “you are important to us…”. Called back, asked for management, talked to A woman in customer service and briefly explained the issue, verified the phone number and prompt to get a new delivery scheduled and was supposedly transferred to manager on duty. By now have been on the phone 35+ minutes. On hold, transferred back to the original menu for another 10 minutes. A person who could do nothing for me got told if I I have to go to the store to do this my business is going elsewhere. Gave them a few more minutes then hung up, drove to the store and got a full refund (including the water line they left at our house and the haul off old appliance fee), drove around the block to another retailer, bought the exact same fridge for the same price but now have to wait until Monday to get it. In the meantime, the valve to the icemaker line will not shut off completely, could not find the correct fitting to stop it off so have a makeshift plug with it dripping into a buck that needs emptied every 6-7 hours. My regular plumber is on vacation for 2 weeks and the other guys are 3 times the cost but will be here first thing in the morning. So far, I am inconvenienced and out a Staccato or two $$$ and have to go to the basement for anything cold.

*rant done*
    Good Iraqi vet/buddy bought a new Hyundai Genesis, paying $15k over for “fair market value”, in February this year. Went to dealer for one of their 3 year “free” maintenance oil changes. “Sorry sir, we are no longer a Genesis dealer, your oil change would be $275”….but they’re still a Hyundai dealer. I know most Toyota dealers will do a Lexus service under warranty. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the Genesis is just a high priced Hyundai, with the same power train?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Good Iraqi vet/buddy bought a new Hyundai Genesis, paying $15k over for “fair market value”, in February this year. Went to dealer for one of their 3 year “free” maintenance oil changes. “Sorry sir, we are no longer a Genesis dealer, your oil change would be $275”….but they’re still a Hyundai dealer. I know most Toyota dealers will do a Lexus service under warranty. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the Genesis is just a high priced Hyundai, with the same power train?
    All I can say he is should have bought a Jeep.....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    By the way, if anyone wants to tangle with me today ..... good luck !
    I'm feeling meaner than the proverbial junkyard dog.

They pulled teeth until the blood was so thick that the dentist had to stop. (I'm not exaggerating .... that's what she said)
    Then, I was told that I might have to go to an oral surgeon to get the remaining bits removed. I go back next Thursday for more X-rays.
    Plus, on top of the fact that I can't eat, or drink anyway, they started me on antibiotics, and my stomach is already protesting.

Did I sleep last night .... hell no.

:ranton:

Just the description is enough to make me feel queasy. Hope you heal soon.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Anyone have trouble with safety on an omega? It doesn’t fit flush. Assuming maybe they have different widths for Cz 75b omega vs p01 omega? Both safeties I have fit p01 omega perfect but neither for the plain 75 b omega

Late night google skills maybe not be sharp tonight. Didn’t see much as far as concrete answers. Will go out to shop in morning and actually measure width of each frame. Hoping a quick call to Cz can get me on right track

Have swapped between safety and decocker on a number of these through the years and never had any hiccups. Feel like I’m losing my mind here LOL

Anyone experience anything similar?
    Hi Zach, did you figure anything out on this? I had something similar on my P01 Omega when I first got it. It turned out that there was a metal burr on the safety or frame that prevented it from seating correctly. Once I found and removed the burr it assembled correctly.

Edit: I found the pic

1696034998261.jpeg

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Mill shenanigans.

Playing around with angle of bevel on the lower slide edge. 5 degrees (shown on slide) made for too tall of a cut. 10 degrees (on the smaller rectangle test piece) was exactly what I was looking for. Not taking off too much material while giving the exact look I want.

20230929_204650.jpg

And recorded an episode of "Why he do dat". Today's episode "Internet says you can cut slide serrations with a modified tap". It actually works!!! I could only find one spare tap that fit any of my collets though (M7-1.0).

Yes, I know my test piece is sticking out way too much from the vise. Better results with a new tap and a more rigid test piece.

20230929_203304.jpg
    20230929_204224.jpg
    20230929_204114.jpg
    20230929_203826.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Took my first shower this morning in the new tub.
    Went to Tyler, Texas early this morning and bought the vanity, the top, the fixture, the mirror, and an over the crapper cabinet. A stop at Home Depot got me all the tongue and groove cedar for the closet.
    Came home, unloaded, then went to Canton, Texas and bought the drywall, lumber, and all the remaining crap to move all the electrical and plumbing. Then started drinking, heavily!

The quote to replace the tub was $3875. The only thing left to purchase is two new doors, one for the bathroom, and one for the new closet. I’ll barely be over the tub estimate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom