The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Digital is nice. But it bugs me… We've decided we are going to go through our pictures every year, print the ones we want and put them in an album. Have one for each year we’ve been together.
    I get it. That said, the digital pics are nice for sharing. The print pics are nice for going through at times when in person. We went through more when I was home back in October. But we don't have any family in Indiana, except my wife and daughter now (and she's been at an in state college for for the last few years), as my son moved directly from out of state university to ATL.

That said, we got my MIL a digital frame this year for Christmas that has a cloud service behind it and allows her kids, grandkids, etc to upload pics to it from an app. I pretty much just did the set up and sent the initial invites from the app, and then we shipped it down. She got it this last week and they lit it up and connected to their wifi and then I could see the activity on the app of the photos that everyone was sending and her reactions/messages on the app.

I didn't think it would be that great when my wife came up with the idea to get it, as I'm not much into that stuff myself, but it was pretty cool to see her kids/grandkids sending it pics. It was cool enough I got my wife one for Christmas too and sent the invites to our kids to populate it. I'll let my wife decide who else if anyone she invites to it when she gets it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That's actually a good system, RH. You could fill up a memory card, then go through them later and print the ones you like .... and put into an album.
    That way, even if the internet goes down, you'd still have family memories in a hard-copy form.

You'd just have to be disiplined to do this ! I suspect that you are.
    Ha! We’ve been talking about it for awhile… Haven’t done it yet.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I get it. That said, the digital pics are nice for sharing. The print pics are nice for going through at times when in person. We went through more when I was home back in October. But we don't have any family in Indiana, except my wife and daughter now (and she's been at an in state college for for the last few years), as my son moved directly from out of state university to ATL.

That said, we got my MIL a digital frame this year for Christmas that has a cloud service behind it and allows her kids, grandkids, etc to upload pics to it from an app. I pretty much just did the set up and sent the initial invites from the app, and then we shipped it down. She got it this last week and they lit it up and connected to their wifi and then I could see the activity on the app of the photos that everyone was sending and her reactions/messages on the app.

I didn't think it would be that great when my wife came up with the idea to get it, as I'm not much into that stuff myself, but it was pretty cool to see her kids/grandkids sending it pics. It was cool enough I got my wife one for Christmas too and sent the invites to our kids to populate it. I'll let my wife decide who else if anyone she invites to it when she gets it.
    I much like you don't have much family in this state. Last year when I was visiting family, my step-mom had one of those picture frames as well. So I got it setup, and now I can send pictures from Indiana to her home. My brother who is currently in Washington State can do the same thing.

I take a ton of digital pictures. My wife and I go through them on the big screen TV in the living room sometimes. Printing out some of the best would be a great idea. I take more pictures now with my phone than I ever did with my 35mm cameras.

Though there are times where I am just in the moment and miss taking pictures. I missed taking some pictures at my Grandpa's 90th birthday party in 2021 because I just wanted to be in the moment with family.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    View attachment 319950
    Man is never quite as happy as when he is poking a fire with a stick.
    Here's the list of fire quotes I include with the primitive fire-starting class I teach Scouts. They learn to use flint (chert) and steel to make sparks, char cloth to catch the sparks, and a jute bird's nest to ignite.

There are two kinds of Firebuilders, those who have burned themselves, and those who have not burned themselves … yet!
    “Doc” Rannie (A.K.A. Dr. Robert P. Rannie, ASM Troop 223, Blue Elk District, Heart of America Council, BSA)

When making a fire people like to join you, when cleaning the ashes you are often alone.
    African Proverb

A man can be short and dumpy and getting bald but if he has fire, women will like him.
    Mae West

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
    William Butler Yeats

In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
    Albert Schweitzer

Come on baby, light my fire.
    Jim Morrison

He that would have fire must bear with smoke.
    Dutch Proverb

Heap logs, and let the blaze laugh out!
    Robert Browning

In the coldest flint, there is a hot fire.
    Unknown

How is it that one match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to start a campfire?
    Christy Whitehead

Kindle not a fire you cannot extinguish.
    Proverbs

Man is the animal that has made friends with the fire.
    Henry Van Dyke

Only YOU can prevent forest fires!
    Smokey the Bear

The most tangible of all mysteries – fire.
    Leigh Hunt

To poke a wood fire is more solid enjoyment that almost anything else in the world.
    Charles Dudley Warner

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Making new 45 ACP ammo today so I decided to exercise the old Argie Sistema Colt. Solid pistols, they really are just a 1911A1 with different markings. A group of these things came to the US during the 80s via Interarms and could be picked up very reasonably.

They aren't to be confused with 1927 Colts which were made by Colt and then sold to Argentina, or Ballester Molinas which were also made in Argentina but different mechanically. The Sistema actually outlives the Ballester by many years which was sold as a cheaper replacement from about 1938-53.

There's a legend that many of the Ballester pistols were made from scrap of the Graf Spee, but it's never been proven for sure.

argie.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Don't mean to get all philosophical at 7 am but the "progression" of photography is really illustrative of the changes in society. Film to digital.

Something to be said for capturing an image and awaiting the results.

Sigh...
    The time delay builds discipline for sure. It sucks to wait two weeks for results only to find that you screwed them up somehow. Ask me how I know

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Making new 45 ACP ammo today so I decided to exercise the old Argie Sistema Colt. Solid pistols, they really are just a 1911A1 with different markings. A group of these things came to the US during the 80s via Interarms and could be picked up very reasonably.

They aren't to be confused with 1927 Colts which were made by Colt and then sold to Argentina, or Ballester Molinas which were also made in Argentina but different mechanically. The Sistema actually outlives the Ballester by many years which was sold as a cheaper replacement from about 1938-53.

There's a legend that many of the Ballester pistols were made from scrap of the Graf Spee, but it's never been proven for sure.

View attachment 320007
    Thanks for the history lesson. There was (is, maybe I haven’t looked in a bit) one of those types in the classifieds that had my interest. Love those old ones.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    The time delay builds discipline for sure. It sucks to wait two weeks for results only to find that you screwed them up somehow. Ask me how I know
    And thoughtfulness. Instead of clicking off 20 or so pictures of something you have to think about what you want to capture and carefully compose the picture. I recall my dad saying how expensive film and developing were and to not waste a single frame.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Thanks for the history lesson. There was (is, maybe I haven’t looked in a bit) one of those types in the classifieds that had my interest. Love those old ones.

There is a BIG difference in value between the Colt manufactured ones and the Sistema manufactured ones. The Colts will have the Argie stamp but the rest of the slide markings will be American. Sistema's have those two 4 letter sets of spanish abbreviations on them.

This is a Colt 1927, matching right down to the magazine. It's not been fired much if at all and came out of a private collection of one of the Colt people who went to Argentina to set up Sistema in manufacturing.

1927.jpg

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    There is a BIG difference in value between the Colt manufactured ones and the Sistema manufactured ones. The Colts will have the Argie stamp but the rest of the slide markings will be American. Sistema's have those two 4 letter sets of spanish abbreviations on them.

This is a Colt 1927, matching right down to the magazine. It's not been fired much if at all and came out of a private collection of one of the Colt people who went to Argentina to set up Sistema in manufacturing.

View attachment 320030
    :drool: :faint:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    And thoughtfulness. Instead of clicking off 20 or so pictures of something you have to think about what you want to capture and carefully compose the picture. I recall my dad saying how expensive film and developing were and to not waste a single frame.
    That's really true. When I look at the digital pics I've taken over the years, I'm surprised at how lazy I had become. I was really treating a decent camera as a point and shoot, depending on Photoshop to make it into a good picture. Film forces you to take your time and start looking at what is in the picture, then what you want that picture to be. At least, it should. I've still managed to shoot a bunch of crappy pics on film, but I think I'm getting better.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Digital is nice. But it bugs me… We've decided we are going to go through our pictures every year, print the ones we want and put them in an album. Have one for each year we’ve been together.
    I've toyed with this idea for years now, but have never gotten it done. I love the idea of grabbing the best 50 images from the year and making a yearbook every January. Now is the time to begin culling the images.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I don't take as many as I used to. View attachment 319933
    Occasionally It's hard to resist. I had a Nikon F3 for a lot of years. Motor drive and several lenses. Did a few weddings, some senior pictures, family stuff. It does put the kibosh on participation.
    P - you have some wonderful participants for the donor subject shots.

Pretty & Famous all at the same time.!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom