The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I ordered new grips for the SP01 Competition Blue to make it my wife’s range/practice gun. I was going to put them on the gun and wrap it up and put it under the tree for her for Christmas. When I got home tonight she told me, “Oh, your new grips came in. I wrapped them and put them under the tree. You can open it on Christmas”.

Well… that backfired!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I ordered new grips for the SP01 Competition Blue to make it my wife’s range/practice gun. I was going to put them on the gun and wrap it up and put it under the tree for her for Christmas. When I got home tonight she told me, “Oh, your new grips came in. I wrapped them and put them under the tree. You can open it on Christmas”.

Well… that backfired!
    You could just put her name on the package.
    Or you could re-wrap them and put her name on them.

I don't see any other way to send her the message that this is her gun.
    Of course, your wife is a little more friendly to the guns than mine, but rest assured, you can trust me!

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    You could just put her name on the package.
    Or you could re-wrap them and put her name on them.

I don't see any other way to send her the message that this is her gun.
    Of course, your wife is a little more friendly to the guns than mine, but rest assured, you can trust me!
    It’s wishful thinking on my part and a way to encourage her. Of course we’ve been married 13 years and she’s only gone to the range with me twice. But both times were this last year. I’m holding out hope.

Oh and FIFY

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Well… that backfired!
    Tell her you ordered those as a gift for your best friend. Then on Christmas give them to her.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    @T-DOGG

Among the hills, when you sit in the cool shade of the white poplars, sharing the peace and serenity of distant fields, and meadows—then let your heart say in silence, “God rests in reason.”
    And when the storm comes, and the mighty wind shakes the forest, and thunder and lightning proclaim the majesty of the sky,—then let your heart say in awe, “God moves in passion.”
    And since you are a breath in God’s sphere, and a leaf in God’s forest, you too should rest in reason and move in passion.

-Khalil Gibran
    Thank you my friend. It is greatly appreciated.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning folks! Attended midweek advent service last night by myself since I’m the only one who isn’t recovering from the stomach virus (mama actually forced me out of the house to enjoy some me time)… Was peaceful. Until while walking out and checking my phone to see that I had a text that the littlest had fallen out of her sisters bunk bed while playing……. Thankfully everyone is ok…

@Leadeye here is the gun I brought up yesterday. Has a great look about it. If I had some extra cash laying around… I’m not smart enough to understand the differences on all these Colts or clones.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I opened the grips up this morning intending to get them installed and wrapped. At first glance the engraving was well done but I was disappointed with the stain. It was very dark and hid a lot of engraving detail. I didn’t get a before pic of the other side but it was even darker. Also the left side was not cut for the mag release.

1703171131640.jpeg

So I attempted a quick project while the Mrs was out. I cut a relief for the mag release. I took 220 then 400 grip sandpaper and lightly sanded the top surface just enough to create some contrast with the leopard engraving. The right hand grip (left in the pic) started out so dark that I could hardly see the leopard face engraved. It looks much better with some contrast.

1703171429863.jpeg

Then I applied a light coat of tung oil over the top surface to help enhance the grain and contrast. Perhaps there’s a better product to use? Idk, but tung oil was on hand and got it done in my limited time. I think she’ll like it and it’s a definitely a big step up from Muddy Girl Camo!

1703171888799.jpeg

Now I’m thinking about what baseplates will go with the grips. The +2 blue baseplates definitely don’t match. Or should I just stick with standard mags?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom