THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I'm on the back porch trying to lure some birds to pose for the camera.....so far, they aren't cooperating !
    While folks on here are getting silly things like hi points and staccatos and czs for your birthdays… I got something way better.

We plan on spending the summer trying to compete this book with my 5 year old. It lists a bunch of birds we hope to spot this summer.

Attachments

• 632A1D6D-2BB2-44D9-B32C-963859BA9F27.jpeg
      632A1D6D-2BB2-44D9-B32C-963859BA9F27.jpeg
      585.7 KB · Views: 6

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The cartels damn near broadcast their routes by the “school threats”, but the PDs have to respond. By the time extra law enforcement gets in to the area, the product is long gone.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    That said, with online translators, wouldn't be that hard to spoof such a message, if one wanted to. Not saying it wasn't a real such threat, but wouldn't be difficult to have faked it either.
    True. I had similar thoughts earlier. Still a few levels above a stereotypical prank if it was a prank.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    While folks on here are getting silly things like hi points and staccatos and czs for your birthdays… I got something way better.

We plan on spending the summer trying to compete this book with my 5 year old. It lists a bunch of birds we hope to spot this summer.
    :thumbsup:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

I'm hell bent on learning how to use an owl call this summer.

Come down to Muskatatuk one day. Lot for the kiddos to peep.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Our kids school was on the list. They closed and had a mandatory e-learning day. Around noon we got a message that LPD had cleared the building. I heard on the radio that the treat was translated from Arabic and urged the schools to give praise to Allah “on their last day”. So not just your usual prank. Homeland Security has also been involved. That’s all I know so far.

Edit: News also said the bomb threat said it was at one school but did not say which on the list that was threatened.
    Finished a big job up by Mechanichsburg today, on a road that really goes nowhere, saw three cop cars one of which was tailing the afternoon bus, pretty sure that’s WeBo area. Just surprised to see the popo in that neck of the woods but happy for it.
    Wife said police presence was very well known in her building today.

This mornings news said 40 schools had threats? I haven’t kept up today…

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I don’t even know where they is, but it sounds awesome!

Lots of bird watching out there. Several lakes to fish, a few have some really nice bass in them. Tons of programs in the summer for the kiddos, and they will love the small visitors center. Lots to coonfinger.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Finished a big job up by Mechanichsburg today, on a road that really goes nowhere, saw three cop cars one of which was tailing the afternoon bus, pretty sure that’s WeBo area. Just surprised to see the popo in that neck of the woods but happy for it.
    Wife said police presence was very well known in her building today.

This mornings news said 40 schools had threats? I haven’t kept up today…
    I don’t know the exact number of schools but that seems to be the ballpark number I’ve heard. There wasn’t a specific Lebanon school on the list, just Lebanon Community School Corporation, so they closed all LCSC schools today, high school, middle school and all the elementary schools. I heard it reported that the threat went out to about 40 schools. In Lebanon’s case the threat was sent to the School Corporation not a specific school so that “one” Lebanon threat affected and closed six school buildings. The number of affected school buildings would be much higher than the reported 40 I’m sure.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Lots of bird watching out there. Several lakes to fish, a few have some really nice bass in them. Tons of programs in the summer for the kiddos, and they will love the small visitors center. Lots to coonfinger.
    I just spent some time in the site… it seems absolutely awesome… if it wasn’t 4 hours away kinda bummed not. Lol

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I just spent some time in the site… it seems absolutely awesome… if it wasn’t 4 hours away kinda bummed not. Lol
    There are some great places in your neck of the woods.

Next fall this is a great place to see Sandhill Cranes, very cool!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning CZickos :coffee:

I’ve got my NRA booth map plotted out. Thanks @88E30M50 for the idea! Hoping to be down there around 12:30. And it looks like the whole family will be going with me!

I'll be heading there with 88 and a bunch of other fellas, probably around 10:00. Hope you and your family have a great time!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom