THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Spent the day in beautiful Madison Indiana
    I've spent time in Madison, and nearby Clifty Falls S.P.. Great place !

IMG_6838-L.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Little brother had a $7000 bill. No kids in school this year.
    Damn, any penalties for underpaying that much? At some point those kick in. I had a year when my wife's business took off (first year of covid) which surprised me with a big tax bill (her business can be variable and I don't have direct visibility on all of it). Starting the next year I started having a good bit more withheld on my side.

The amount I pay in taxes each year total (not just the difference on tax day) makes me sick. Even maxing 401, HSA, etc and still get hammered. Make too much for a lot of breaks, but not enough to have a tax lawyer help me shelter it. Being in the middle class means paying all the tax, while low and high income get out of taxes.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Damn, any penalties for underpaying that much? At some point those kick in. I had a year when my wife's business took off (first year of covid) which surprised me (her business can be variable and I don't have direct visibility on all of it). Starting the next year I started having a good bit more withheld on my side.
    I did not ask about penalties. That may have included some.
    Gotta make momma hold back 25% so she has it when they want it. Barb's little part time gig did not withhold federal taxes so we owed about a grand but that wasn't a big stretch for us. Great to finally be at a point in my life where $1k isn't a major emergency.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Gotta make her hold back 25% so she has it when they want it. Barb's little part time gig did not withhold federal taxes so we owed about a grand but that wasn't a big stretch for us. Great to finally be at a point in my life where $1k isn't a major emergency.
    I drop a couple hundred back extra each paycheck and some for state as well and it covered it OK last couple of years. She's thinking of selling her business as her business partner isn't prioritizing the business as much as her. Probably be better off overall once I'm not paying taxes on her pass through income from the LLP. Probably should have set it up as an LLC, but honestly at the time they started I never figured they would make anything.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I did not ask about penalties. That may have included some.
    Gotta make momma hold back 25% so she has it when they want it. Barb's little part time gig did not withhold federal taxes so we owed about a grand but that wasn't a big stretch for us. Great to finally be at a point in my life where $1k isn't a major emergency.
    Agreed. But then $1k also isn't what it used to be.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I drop a couple hundred back extra each paycheck and some for state as well and it covered it OK last couple of years. She's thinking of selling her business as her business partner isn't prioritizing the business as much as her. Probably be better off overall once I'm not paying taxes on her pass through income from the LLP. Probably should have set it up as an LLC, but honestly at the time they started I never figured they would make anything.
    Only ship that won't sail is a partnership.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Damn, any penalties for underpaying that much? At some point those kick in. I had a year when my wife's business took off (first year of covid) which surprised me with a big tax bill (her business can be variable and I don't have direct visibility on all of it). Starting the next year I started having a good bit more withheld on my side.

The amount I pay in taxes each year total (not just the difference on tax day) makes me sick. Even maxing 401, HSA, etc and still get hammered. Make too much for a lot of breaks, but not enough to have a tax lawyer help me shelter it. Being in the middle class means paying all the tax, while low and high income get out of taxes.
    You never don’t make enough to not have an accountant on your side.
    I’d rather my accountant get it than them, even if I’m left with nothing.
    I know he saves us a lot though.

Don’t disagree with you about all the burden being on the middle class.

Also, I don’t think penalties would kick in on first year income. Mine is wildly fluctuating so every other year I’m supposed to pay estimates but rarely do.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Wildlife report.
    Blue heron just flew over.
    Two squirrels run out from under Barb's. No deaths yet.
    Two turkey hens just came by the window and pecked under the bird feeder.
    Usual woodpeckers and feeder birds.
    One hummingbird spotted.

Coming home last night had an owl fly out of the wood line next to the barn at brother's so close that I coulda whacked him on the but with a short stick.

Red buds are blooming. Hosta's are up.
    Wind blew all the blossoms off the crab apple trees but the four apple trees behind the house are loaded with blooms.

Sprung has sprung.View attachment 270440
    This mornings work
    Spring has sprung, but looks like the hose was left on for a freeze?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom