THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I like that more than a should. Lol

My one experience with Kimber was during their low point….
    I wonder if my experience with Kimber was during their high point. My Kimber Eclipse Custom II was one of the nicest 1911s I’ve shot to this day. Beautiful full stainless 1911, accurate, super smooth and it ran 100%. Of all the guns I’ve traded/sold over the years, that one I regret the most even despite doubling my money on it.

1681816740945.jpeg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Dang. I can’t even go to the grocery that cheap. Who needs food anyway?
    I vote for the PCR-p. :-)
    I have a meeting in a Meier parking lot this morning, and I’ll probably do just this, skip the food and vote for a PCR, assuming it’s LNIB like he says, and I’m sure it will be.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I wonder if my experience with Kimber was during their high point. My Kimber Eclipse Custom II was one of the nicest 1911s I’ve shot to this day. Beautiful full stainless 1911, accurate, super smooth and it ran 100%. Of all the guns I’ve traded/sold over the years, that one I regret the most even despite doubling my money on it.

View attachment 270419

An Eclipse is a gorgeous 1911. I would buy a new production Kimber because (1) I believe QC is up to par and (2) I am a bit more knowledgeable about a 1911s inner workings than before.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

View attachment 270419
    I had one once, a carry model with the rounded heel, but I can’t even remember if it was a 9 or 45. Made quite the impression, obviously. Can’t remember what I didn’t like about it, just remember thinking this was supposed to be a Kimber. I’m sure if you get a nice one they’re good.
    The former owner of our LGS usually had 1 cabinet full of them, so I thought I’d try them out.

BTW, best of luck to rk on his trade deal at our LGS this morning.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The prices on both of the guns I listed above reflect the changing market I think. The P10S is the non-OR model. The P10M is, if nothing else, a cheap pocket pistol or maybe a good tackle box gun. At that price, they would make good stocking stuffers at Christmas.

I like big guns stuffed in socks

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I like big guns stuffed in socks
    I like big guns and I cannot lie.

I-like-big-guns-and-i-cannot-lie-shirt.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Wildlife report.
    Blue heron just flew over.
    Two squirrels run out from under Barb's. No deaths yet.
    Two turkey hens just came by the window and pecked under the bird feeder.
    Usual woodpeckers and feeder birds.
    One hummingbird spotted.

Coming home last night had an owl fly out of the wood line next to the barn at brother's so close that I coulda whacked him on the but with a short stick.

Red buds are blooming. Hosta's are up.
    Wind blew all the blossoms off the crab apple trees but the four apple trees behind the house are loaded with blooms.

Sprung has sprung.16818314176463578556573552856481.jpg
    This mornings work

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Wildlife report.
    One hummingbird spotted.

Coming home last night had an owl fly out of the wood line next to the barn at brother's so close that I coulda whacked him on the but with a short stick.

Wind blew all the blossoms off the crab apple trees but the four apple trees behind the house are loaded with blooms.

Sprung has sprung.

I like big guns, and wildlife ..... and I approve of this post ! ;)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Wildlife report.
    One hummingbird spotted.

Sprung has sprung.
    I saw a squirrel in the front yard.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

View attachment 270419
    Kimber makes some very pretty firearms no doubt.
    ChurchMouse did not like Kimbers. For one thing the parts they used, and I believe there was a few other reasons that I can't remember at this time.
    What shocked me was he actually liked the modern Rock Island 1911's over Kimber.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Kimber makes some very pretty firearms no doubt.
    ChurchMouse did not like Kimbers. For one thing the parts they used, and I believe there was a few other reasons that I can't remember at this time.
    What shocked me was he actually liked the modern Rock Island 1911's over Kimber.
    Hmm… That’s interesting and noted. I won’t argue with the Mouse. If that was his take then enough said.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My understanding of Kimber was, they used to be well worth the money. Then for a long time they stagnated and had tons of quality issues, while still charging a premium. You could buy one and and have a great gun, or buy one and have a problem child. It was a real crap shoot. That was how it was when I was looking at 1911's around 2015/2016. How they are now I have no idea.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County

View attachment 270419
    I had the same gun years ago. No more Kimbers for me. For 1911/2011, any Mouse approved guns, Staccato's, AllenM's. And yes, CM liked RIA's and Ruger offerings. I do own a C&S 1911 also.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom