• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Buds is the ONLY place I buy guns!! Before your FFL does the transfer inspect the gun as you would at your local store, If something doesn't meet your standards DONT DO THE TRANSFER!!!
    Have sent numerous guns back that didn't measure up. Yes,, it may take a little longer but the savings are HUGE!! Once they learn you are a picky buyer they inspect your purchase before sending.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    PSA informed me yesterday that I will in fact not be adding a 300 BO AR to my collection. Kind of a crappy deal on their part and I'm not a happy customer. I had ordered the upper and a BCG with CH early on a Saturday morning, that was my "oops" gun. I was gonna put it together for a HD and coyote gun around the house. Within a couple hours of ordering the exact upper went on a weekend deal for $10 cheaper and free shipping. No big deal I thought, I ordered it on a weekend so they should honor that if I send a polite email. No response after two emails.

The BCG and CH showed up a couple days ago. Email yesterday said I was getting a refund for the upper due to "manufacturing issues". I don't appriciate the fact that they tried selling uppers before they even had them built. They were listed as "in stock" and didn't hesitate to take my money right away.... That's the first issue I've had from them, I don't forget things like that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    PSA informed me yesterday that I will in fact not be adding a 300 BO AR to my collection. Kind of a crappy deal on their part and I'm not a happy customer. I had ordered the upper and a BCG with CH early on a Saturday morning, that was my "oops" gun. I was gonna put it together for a HD and coyote gun around the house. Within a couple hours of ordering the exact upper went on a weekend deal for $10 cheaper and free shipping. No big deal I thought, I ordered it on a weekend so they should honor that if I send a polite email. No response after two emails.

The BCG and CH showed up a couple days ago. Email yesterday said I was getting a refund for the upper due to "manufacturing issues". I don't appriciate the fact that they tried selling uppers before they even had them built. They were listed as "in stock" and didn't hesitate to take my money right away.... That's the first issue I've had from them, I don't forget things like that.

And this is why I will never again...ever....spend a dime with them. Ever.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Buds is the ONLY place I buy guns!! Before your FFL does the transfer inspect the gun as you would at your local store, If something doesn't meet your standards DONT DO THE TRANSFER!!!
    Have sent numerous guns back that didn't measure up. Yes,, it may take a little longer but the savings are HUGE!! Once they learn you are a picky buyer they inspect your purchase before sending.

Makes me no difference. If I can not hold it I am not going to buy it....regardless.
    Thing is I have a pretty good network established and get fair deals as they come along.
    Waiting for a gun to get here is not something I am willing to do. Parts, yeah. Guns, No.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    To each there own. I've had no issues using Buds,, NONE!! I'll go coon finger the gun I'm interested in at a local B&M then place my order/layaway. Savings are HUGE.
    I guess if you just have to have it now you're doing the right thing by having that network.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    And this is why I will never again...ever....spend a dime with them. Ever.
    I am starting to feel this way. This is the first issue I've had with them, but that's no way to run a business. The deals are hard to beat, but I cannot do business with a company that treats customers like that. I understand busy times and screw ups, but not replying at all after 2 weeks and selling a product before it's even built...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    PSA makes its money though VOLUME. They don't give two ****s about an individual customer. Most times they will get it right. But, if they get it wrong, good luck getting it fixed. You kinda havta understand that going in. Bud's is pretty much the same type of deal.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    PSA makes its money though VOLUME. They don't give two ****s about an individual customer. Most times they will get it right. But, if they get it wrong, good luck getting it fixed. You kinda havta understand that going in. Bud's is pretty much the same type of deal.
    I get how it works.... I've heard good and bad about customer service. Must not have been my lucky time...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Glad that you're still with us Rusty! You have to watch at redlights now days, as they seem to be becoming an option to stop for in the minds of some. Sucks about the PSA deal. I've had good luck with them in the past, but will avoid them going forward unless they make it right for you.

I've had the joy of being near a California liberal for the last couple of days. My nephew and his wife are staying at my mother's house, so she's been hard to avoid. The irony of her condescending ways of speaking to us mere Hoosiers was entertaining at first, but is just now old. Fortunately, they decided to take the train to Chicago for the 'Big City' experience on new years eve. They need to be careful, or they might get just that. I don't think they realize what some parts of Chicago are like.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Thanks 88. Glad to still be here! I will be paying more attention from now on. I'm 50/50 about looking before I cross, depends what kind of mood I'm in or what road I'm crossing. Will look 100% of the time now.

I will let this PSA thing simmer in my head for the weekend as I plan my response to them. They will be getting a response.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I used to look both ways most of the time, but now days, I look both ways every time I'm the first car at a stop light. There is no bottom to the barrel of idiocy society dips in now days.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    With people looking at their darn phones all the time while driving, half of the red light violations probably don't even know they are doing it. The other half is just people that feel their time is more important than their and other people's safety. Both groups suck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom