I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Merry Christmas everyone. Glad to call you my friends. :ingo:

I'm super stoked that I won something! :rockwoot:

I'm still battling a bad cold, had to crawl back into bed for a few hours this morning after we opened presents. But I'm up now and going to make the most of the day.

Cold is kicking my butt as well.
    All done now and the house is quite.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope all on here had a good Christmas and hope the sick ones (physically sick, not the CZ strain) feels better soon. I finally got to play around with the 9mm Colt 1911 today, but probably won't get to shoot it until later this week. My initial impressions are that it will make a nice project gun. It will be fun to shoot now, but there's a lot to look past in the trigger pull at the moment.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope all on here had a good Christmas and hope the sick ones (physically sick, not the CZ strain) feels better soon. I finally got to play around with the 9mm Colt 1911 today, but probably won't get to shoot it until later this week. My initial impressions are that it will make a nice project gun. It will be fun to shoot now, but there's a lot to look past in the trigger pull at the moment.

How does it appear to be fit up 88

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The slide is not loose, but I have some that are tighter and there are sharp edges all over. When you rack the slide, it feels like it was lubed with lapping compound but I think that's coming from the unbroken machined edges that are everywhere. The machine work on the slide and frame are nice, but not nearly as nice as the CZ 1911. My plans are to gut it of everything except the slide, frame and barrel and replace everything with good quality parts. Right now, the trigger is a gritty 5 lbs.

But, all criticism aside, for $646 it's not bad. With a bit of shooting, it will probably clean itself up a bit but I'll help that process along.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The slide is not loose, but I have some that are tighter and there are sharp edges all over. When you rack the slide, it feels like it was lubed with lapping compound but I think that's coming from the unbroken machined edges that are everywhere. The machine work on the slide and frame are nice, but not nearly as nice as the CZ 1911. My plans are to gut it of everything except the slide, frame and barrel and replace everything with good quality parts. Right now, the trigger is a gritty 5 lbs.

But, all criticism aside, for $646 it's not bad. With a bit of shooting, it will probably clean itself up a bit but I'll help that process along.

Thanks.
    So they have not raised the bar back up yet apparently.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks CM, I'm not sure what MSH I'm going to go with at this point. I keep hearing the same thing about Colt getting better, but the competition version I held at a LGS last summer should have been their newest stuff, yet it still felt rough. When I pick up a new CZ 1911, Sig or Springer, they have a nice precision feel to them. I just don't get that with the Colts. It feels like there are sharp edges running against each other in there. 2 minutes with a bit of emery cloth would clean that up after the machine work is done, but they just don't seem to do that. Walther PPKs are the same way. You could slice your finger on some of the external edges if not careful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom