Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    yeah, especially with that stippling job.
    I would consider that as damage - not an improvement.
    Should have just used grip tape or something.

the grips & springs are a nice feature and do add something, but yeah it's a little much.
    Now that I have a fully Cajunized/Wizardized gun I just look at this gun as a "starter kit" :cool:

I would normally agree, as I hate grip stippling, but that front strap stippling doesn't look bad and I think I would prefer that over leaving it smooth, or grooved.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Considering you can buy a new 75b Omega and VZ grips cheaper, yeah, that gun is overpriced.

Where are you seeing that? Just curious. Gun prices have risen in the last couple of months. I used to see 75B Omegas for $450 - $475, but now the lowest price I'm seeing is ~$500 and VZ Grips are $75.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Looks like a lot of places are out of stock right now and places with stock are gouging price a bit. They were $400-$450 last time I was looking. I don't buy when prices are high, and haven't been keeping track.

Where are you seeing that? Just curious. Gun prices have risen in the last couple of months. I used to see 75B Omegas for $450 - $475, but now the lowest price I'm seeing is ~$500 and VZ Grips are $75.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I got my Omega maybe a year ago for $475 at Sportsman's Guide, and that's been about the lowest I've seen them until lately. Now that it's discontinued, the price seems to have gone up for the ones that are left.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Lanbos had them for $400 + shipping earlier this year. TSS had them for $440 with free shipping. Those are the ones I remember when I was sorta kinda looking. Would have had to add on a $15 transfer fee from USDS.

Oh well. Looks like price is about $500 if you can find them in stock right now. Good thing a 75b is WAY down on my list at this point. I've still got to finish aftermarketing the guns I have, get a TS, SBR, 1911, and 586 before I start looking for a 75b.

I got my Omega maybe a year ago for $475 at Sportsman's Guide, and that's been about the lowest I've seen them until lately. Now that it's discontinued, the price seems to have gone up for the ones that are left.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Lanbos had them for $400 + shipping earlier this year. TSS had them for $440 with free shipping. Those are the ones I remember when I was sorta kinda looking. Would have had to add on a $15 transfer fee from USDS.

Oh well. Looks like price is about $500 if you can find them in stock right now. Good thing a 75b is WAY down on my list at this point. I've still got to finish aftermarketing the guns I have, get a TS, SBR, 1911, and 586 before I start looking for a 75b.

Yep, glad I already have a 75B and am not really looking for anything else at this point... :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a package arrive today. EGW parts for the Champion. I was very happy as I could start on the fit up with that project.
    I opened the box and something was not there. Thumb safety. All the other bits were in the box. I reviewed my order and yup......I am a dumb-ass.
    These pieces (Except the ignition control group) are stainless mainly for "Bling" effect. Yes, I have succumbed to the bling thing.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I had a package arrive today. EGW parts for the Champion. I was very happy as I could start on the fit up with that project.
    I opened the box and something was not there. Thumb safety. All the other bits were in the box. I reviewed my order and yup......I am a dumb-ass.
    These pieces (Except the ignition control group) are stainless mainly for "Bling" effect. Yes, I have succumbed to the bling thing.
    :pimp:

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    All external controls on a black 1911 is just to cool...................:cool:

That's what attracted me to the Sig Nightmare. That and the round butt.

1849916_01_sig_sauer_1911_carry_nightmare_640.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom