Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    How could you not tell? Do people not look at the barrel where it locks up with the slide and on the hood and the feed ramp when they're looking at buying a gun? It's pretty easy to tell if it's new or if it's been fired a few times.

If you've sat there and racked it 100+ times, yes. A few times, probably would still look pretty much factory fresh since they're test fired at the factory.

Those shields are pretty stiff. I remember it being one of the harder handguns I had to rack. It's just got a stiff recoil spring in it. My G43 is a lot easier to rack.

I'm skeptical.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Kids. My son and his idiot friends have raped my tools.
    They are no longer allowed to touch anything in my shop.
    The son has seen the light but his friends are just ****ing morons. They used to work on their Motorcycles in there. They used up supply's and inventory. When I asked if they were going to replace what they used they would get a deer in the head lite's glazed look and say I was told I could use the shop. I would say yes, the tools and such not the wire/connectors/switches/tie wraps/chemicals/shop towels etc.
    They just think everything is free. A couple of them have helped me around the place with some heavy labor to square up with me.

That's a big part of it. Between abused tools and lost tools, kids take a toll on garage use. Some of it is payback though. I remember not knowing the difference between a screwdriver and pry bar when I was a kid.

I'm not a fan of lending my truck out any more. Years ago, when I lived out west, my BIL borrowed my truck for a weekend to move a water heater. He ended up keeping it for a week before we were able to get it back from him and when it came back, it had been keyed and had over a thousand more miles on it than it had when he borrowed it. Plus, it was missing a fog light cover (we had those back then). Turns out that he lent it to an employee of his to run parts between San Francisco and Modesto. Never again.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Another reason I never buy a gun on the interwebs. I will pay a few dollars more as a convenience fee and help out my LGS's

Maansmit is having issues as well but his is a special order piece.

I did buy it at the LGS. They didn't have the decocker in, so i ordered it... just took a while to get in. it's there now... just gotta find time to make it over there and get it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Never handled Heinies. I've only heard good things though, and they're on my list to look at every time I get new sights.

Out of curiosity, what impressed you about them?

I got my Heinie sights yesterday. Not installed yet, but I'm impressed. Seriously impressed.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Never handled Heinies. I've only heard good things though, and they're on my list to look at every time I get new sights.

Out of curiosity, what impressed you about them?
    The quality and workmanship is outstanding. Absolutely zero machining marks. I like the two set screws and what I assume is also a lock pin on the rear sight. They sent goodies too, a pen and a booklet with a story about Richard Heinie. I found it interesting. Rear sight will take just a tad bit of filing, nothing like the amount I had to do to the Harrison rear I installed on my springer RO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    AllenM is in the middle of building me a 2011. We have been looking for the right pieces for my gun. Heinies came up. We were looking at them seriously but I decided my aging eyes needed an optic. Trigicon.

Point is, these sights are the real deal neal.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Nice. Guess I need to buy a new pistol to justify a set to try now. Be sure to put up some pics, I'm interested to see them on your gun.

The quality and workmanship is outstanding. Absolutely zero machining marks. I like the two set screws and what I assume is also a lock pin on the rear sight. They sent goodies too, a pen and a booklet with a story about Richard Heinie. I found it interesting. Rear sight will take just a tad bit of filing, nothing like the amount I had to do to the Harrison rear I installed on my springer RO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom