• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Me three. The truck was not getting traction last time I drove through BCSP. Truck tires aren't cheap.....Probably going to set me back $600+.

Me too. I think I'm going to just bite the bullet and have them put on at the dealership.

(But your original point was not lost. :) )

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Me three. The truck was not getting traction last time I drove through BCSP. Truck tires aren't cheap.....Probably going to set me back $600+.

Yep, I've got a Jeep Liberty 4WD. Everywhere I've checked has quoted me around $650 for some mid-range all-weather truck tires.

Last time I drove on the expressway in the rain, the Jeep slid around like a hockey puck.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yup. My entire truck only cost me $2800 originally. Had to replace the front end this year, which was $800. New tires aren't in the budget right now. Tread is still thick enough that they're safe, but I can tell I don't have the traction I used to. Really sucks to dump $600+ on tires for a truck that's only worth about $2k.

And we JUST had to put a new alternator and all new tires on my wifes car. That was $1k right there.

Why are cars so damn expensive to maintain.

Yep, I've got a Jeep Liberty 4WD. Everywhere I've checked has quoted me around $650 for some mid-range all-weather truck tires.

Last time I drove on the expressway in the rain, the Jeep slid around like a hockey puck.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    With all of this talk of sights, it reminds me that I need to investigate sight options for the 40P. I think I read that Colt defender sights work with a relief cut to match the existing rear sight relief cut. But, with a CGW hammer installed, I don't think I'd even need to do that cut. The hammer is relieved at the top to clear the bottom of a stock Colt sight. More research needed.

My 40P is one of the few guns I have that I like the stock sights. Since I'm probably going to keep using it as a range only gun, not having night sights on it is fine. I think the stock sights were the best, or among the best of any CZ's I've used.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    How could you not tell? Do people not look at the barrel where it locks up with the slide and on the hood and the feed ramp when they're looking at buying a gun? It's pretty easy to tell if it's new or if it's been fired a few times.

In all fairness, NIB on GB probably means "Yeah, I put a couple hundred rounds through it, but I cleaned it up so you can't tell."

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    How could you not tell? Do people not look at the barrel where it locks up with the slide and on the hood and the feed ramp when they're looking at buying a gun? It's pretty easy to tell if it's new or if it's been fired a few times.

I wouldn't know this. Also, I have worked the slide quite a few times to try and loosen it up. Would this make it look like it had been fired?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Hard to accomplish when buying online.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    If you've sat there and racked it 100+ times, yes. A few times, probably would still look pretty much factory fresh since they're test fired at the factory.

Those shields are pretty stiff. I remember it being one of the harder handguns I had to rack. It's just got a stiff recoil spring in it. My G43 is a lot easier to rack.

I wouldn't know this. Also, I have worked the slide quite a few times to try and loosen it up. Would this make it look like it had been fired?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If you've sat there and racked it 100+ times, yes. A few times, probably would still look pretty much factory fresh since they're test fired at the factory.

Those shields are pretty stiff. I remember it being one of the harder handguns I had to rack. It's just got a stiff recoil spring in it. My G43 is a lot easier to rack.

You got that right. My 9mm Shield probably has 1k rounds through it or so and is still very stiff. Doesn't bother me, but several people who have tried it have commented on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom