• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ordered one before Christmas... still don't have it... starting to think it's never coming in... makes me cry a little
    They are great little shooters. I had pondered parting ways with mine for awhile, but I don't have anything else that small and it works great for slipping in a pocket on those lazy never leave the house days.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ordered one before Christmas... still don't have it... starting to think it's never coming in... makes me cry a little

Another reason I never buy a gun on the interwebs. I will pay a few dollars more as a convenience fee and help out my LGS's

Maansmit is having issues as well but his is a special order piece.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Come and shoot some first. Then you can make an informed decision.

...says the local CZ pusher and head addict!

I got some more parts in today and what a bust. Except for another set of Pierce finger groove grips for the Remington, everything was for the Smith and Wesson 66-2. I ordered two new strain screws (I always order a spare when parts are under $2) and a pair of side plate screws to replace one that was chewed up a bit. The strain screw was to replace one that I was thinking had been shortened somewhat. Turns out that the one I got is .090 shorter than the one that's in there. When it's screwed all the way in, it does not even touch the hammer leaf spring. I'm going to find a good revolver smith and let him/her work that one over. I'm out of my element with revolver clockwork.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ...says the local CZ pusher and head addict!

I got some more parts in today and what a bust. Except for another set of Pierce finger groove grips for the Remington, everything was for the Smith and Wesson 66-2. I ordered two new strain screws (I always order a spare when parts are under $2) and a pair of side plate screws to replace one that was chewed up a bit. The strain screw was to replace one that I was thinking had been shortened somewhat. Turns out that the one I got is .090 shorter than the one that's in there. When it's screwed all the way in, it does not even touch the hammer leaf spring. I'm going to find a good revolver smith and let him/her work that one over. I'm out of my element with revolver clockwork.

Well Poop. Now that you mention the pearce grips I did not order any for the new to me Champion when I dropped orders for the new internals and the external bling (SS controls)
    POOP

I have worked on several of my own revolvers in the past but they are an animal unto themselves.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Got my meprolight Tru Dots installed tonight.
    No major hiccups, just had to get a bigger hammer to get the rear sight off.
    Cut the channel and installed the front sight on the first fitting... maybe I should buy another lottery ticket :lmfao:

CZ sights 002.JPGCZ sights 004.JPG

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I've been carrying the 40P for a couple of days and it carries quite well. I guess that's like saying that I've been monitoring the sunrise and find that it happens at almost the same time each day. Oh well, that's all I've got this morning :):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all...:coffee:

Got my meprolight Tru Dots installed tonight.
    No major hiccups, just had to get a bigger hammer to get the rear sight off.
    Cut the channel and installed the front sight on the first fitting... maybe I should buy another lottery ticket :lmfao:

View attachment 44199View attachment 44200

Very nice job. Now I know where to go if I need CZ sights installed... :):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning all...:coffee:

Very nice job. Now I know where to go if I need CZ sights installed... :):

With all of this talk of sights, it reminds me that I need to investigate sight options for the 40P. I think I read that Colt defender sights work with a relief cut to match the existing rear sight relief cut. But, with a CGW hammer installed, I don't think I'd even need to do that cut. The hammer is relieved at the top to clear the bottom of a stock Colt sight. More research needed.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Got all of my new sights installed last night. They're all common now. Black/serrated rear with tritium front for the SD guns and fiber optic for the range guns.

The SP-01 already had Dawsons on it. I got Ameriglo Protectors on the G43 and Dawsons on the PPQ last night. What an improvement over that plastic junk that comes on both of those guns stock.

Man do I LOVE Dawsons. They're SO nice to install. I use my DMT course bench stone to bring down the sides of the dovetail until it installs perfectly. The Ameriglos installed nicely as well, but just not as well as the Dawsons. Sight picture wise, they're pretty dang similar except the Dawson has white paint around tritium and the Ameriglo has yellow.

All of my handguns have pretty much the same sight picture now. Gotta love that.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nothing new to report here.
    All my projects are either done....waiting on the mail or need a dose of time and energy.

I am just about done with the beaver tail fitting on the Springer Mil-Spec. No issues have been found and it went in quite well. This is the Smith and Alexander beaver tail with speed bump. I'm impressed with the quality, and the jig was only $14. I do need to invest in a couple of better files to replace an abused mill file and half round. I have no idea what someone did with those, but it looks like they were used as a pry bar.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Got all of my new sights installed last night. They're all common now. Black/serrated rear with tritium front for the SD guns and fiber optic for the range guns.

The SP-01 already had Dawsons on it. I got Ameriglo Protectors on the G43 and Dawsons on the PPQ last night. What an improvement over that plastic junk that comes on both of those guns stock.

Man do I LOVE Dawsons. They're SO nice to install. I use my DMT course bench stone to bring down the sides of the dovetail until it installs perfectly. The Ameriglos installed nicely as well, but just not as well as the Dawsons. Sight picture wise, they're pretty dang similar except the Dawson has white paint around tritium and the Ameriglo has yellow.

All of my handguns have pretty much the same sight picture now. Gotta love that.

:yesway: That's pretty cool. I wish I could say the same, but I've tried different sights over the years and now have a mix on some guns.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am just about done with the beaver tail fitting on the Springer Mil-Spec. No issues have been found and it went in quite well. This is the Smith and Alexander beaver tail with speed bump. I'm impressed with the quality, and the jig was only $14. I do need to invest in a couple of better files to replace an abused mill file and half round. I have no idea what someone did with those, but it looks like they were used as a pry bar.

Kids. My son and his idiot friends have raped my tools.
    They are no longer allowed to touch anything in my shop.
    The son has seen the light but his friends are just ****ing morons. They used to work on their Motorcycles in there. They used up supply's and inventory. When I asked if they were going to replace what they used they would get a deer in the head lite's glazed look and say I was told I could use the shop. I would say yes, the tools and such not the wire/connectors/switches/tie wraps/chemicals/shop towels etc.
    They just think everything is free. A couple of them have helped me around the place with some heavy labor to square up with me.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    That stuff adds up. I bet I have $30 in waterproof wiring splices on my current project from extending the wiring harness.

I'd be pissed. If I borrow tools or whatever from someone, I normally will put a new blade on their saw, new belt on their sander, or whatever. It's a respect thing.

Last guy that borrowed my truck brought it back on E. Guess who got an ear full next time I saw him? And he'll no longer be borrowing my truck. Effed my morning up. I didn't have time to stop for gas in the am before work, but had to.....

Kids. My son and his idiot friends have raped my tools.
    They are no longer allowed to touch anything in my shop.
    The son has seen the light but his friends are just ****ing morons. They used to work on their Motorcycles in there. They used up supply's and inventory. When I asked if they were going to replace what they used they would get a deer in the head lite's glazed look and say I was told I could use the shop. I would say yes, the tools and such not the wire/connectors/switches/tie wraps/chemicals/shop towels etc.
    They just think everything is free. A couple of them have helped me around the place with some heavy labor to square up with me.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That stuff adds up. I bet I have $30 in waterproof wiring splices on my current project from extending the wiring harness.

I'd be pissed. If I borrow tools or whatever from someone, I normally will put a new blade on their saw, new belt on their sander, or whatever. It's a respect thing.

Want to borrow my car? I need new tires. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom