• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Same here. I tallied up what I have in my SP-01.....Shouldn't have done that. It was damn near $1300. Completely upside down on it. But it runs like a thoroughbred. Has every CGW part you can stuff in it, Dawson sights, VZ grips, etc... Reminded me of some of the AR builds. "Yeah, it's only going to be $800. But I need to add these other parts that only cost $50 each to make it REALLY sweet....."

Oh well, she's a keeper.

All of mine are full boat hot rods Snap.
    I am near up-side down in them.

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well I guess I am the odd man out once again.
    I like it, it's not battleship gray from what I can tell from the pictures, but an odd color.
    Stainless makes a nice BBQ gun, especially the bright polished Stainless, the matt Stainless is better. But you got to go low glow for that true tacticool effect.
    If you're odd, what's that make the rest of us? I guess I shouldn't judge before seeing one in person. When I was shopping for my cmd, seeing pics online they didn't look all that great. Much better in person.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    With the exception of sights, which shipped out today, looks like I'm going to be done with the custom touches on my Ruger CMD today. I'll get some pix up tonight after its together.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Got my CMD together. Really happy with the way it turned out. I am not a fan of the Ruger laser etching so I decided it needed to go. Also removed the warning label on the bottom of the frame. Took quite a bit of work, but worth every second.

Just waiting on Heinie sights now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got my CMD together. Really happy with the way it turned out. I am not a fan of the Ruger laser etching so I decided it needed to go. Also removed the warning label on the bottom of the frame. Took quite a bit of work, but worth every second.

A suggestion......exacto trim the Pearce enhancements.
    How did you achieve that finish. I like it...:)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I should have parts to start the build on my nephew's 1911 in early next week. Right now, I'm working on the grip safety. I was wanting to go with an Ed Brown, but being that this is a Springfield, I went with the .220 Smith and Alexander. Can't wait to get started on it. Once this is fit to the frame, it may be time to talk to AllenM about sight cuts. Then I need to visit CM for a hand with the frame and slide fit. Right now, I'm thinking of sending it off for a nickel boron finish before doing any trigger work. Once plated, I'll order the fire control parts and grips and then to the final build. He comes back off deployment sometime this summer and it needs to be done before he gets back. Lots of time to do this one right. :):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Wow, that's nice.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Same here. I tallied up what I have in my SP-01.....Shouldn't have done that. It was damn near $1300. Completely upside down on it. But it runs like a thoroughbred. Has every CGW part you can stuff in it, Dawson sights, VZ grips, etc... Reminded me of some of the AR builds. "Yeah, it's only going to be $800. But I need to add these other parts that only cost $50 each to make it REALLY sweet....."

Oh well, she's a keeper.

I am the same way in my 1911's.
    Bought a really nice TRP standard barrel.
    Dumped everything but the trigger I think.
    I will put it with any Wilson/DW/Les Baer for running/accuracy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom