Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Take a look at the Remington too. I love the full size R1S I have. The stainless Colts make a good starting point for a nice build as well. But, for a basic, stainless beater 1911, it's hard to go wrong with the Remy.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I agree Tim, the R1 in Stainless is nice, but I admittedly thoroughly enjoyed shooting the CZ1911 as it felt like it was put together much better.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The one that started my love affair. Since I've replaced it with the cmd as the carry piece, this one will get hot rodded this year. Need to get another Pearce grip and order another set of VZs as these found their way to the cmd. She's rockin the ugly hogue right now. By far my most accurate and best shooting handgun I've had.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Take a look at the Remington too. I love the full size R1S I have. The stainless Colts make a good starting point for a nice build as well. But, for a basic, stainless beater 1911, it's hard to go wrong with the Remy.

That is a purdy pistol, I had the blued R1 a couple years ago. Very tight for a 1911, ran well for the few mags I shot it .

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

My CZ 1911 is very much a better pistol than my Remington, but they are both fun to shoot. The Remy has a relaxed loosenes to it that feels different than most of my other 1911s, yet is still as accurate as any others (due to my sucky shooting). The CZ is tight and has a rock solid feel. The Remy makes a good plain old basic 1911 that can be had fairly cheaply. Also, I'm a sucker for straight serrations.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

My CZ 1911 is very much a better pistol than my Remington, but they are both fun to shoot. The Remy has a relaxed loosenes to it that feels different than most of my other 1911s, yet is still as accurate as any others (due to my sucky shooting). The CZ is tight and has a rock solid feel. The Remy makes a good plain old basic 1911 that can be had fairly cheaply. Also, I'm a sucker for straight serrations.

The Remy's remind me of a real MilSpec. A bit loose but they run pretty well and are as accurate as the operator.
    My Commander is one of those out of the box pieces that accepted trigger Mods with very little extra work. That is why I spent the time/money to get the barrel "Made" for it. No one offers a comped barrel for a cmd. I bought a 6' clark barrel and had AllenM cut/thread (40 in 1") and fit up the Clark Comp. to the gun. I did the internals and the MagWell. It is a sweet runner. Does go low left just a bit. I will work on that soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom