• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    9mm in a 1911 is not very fun. 22 TCM in a 1911 is way fun. Just more expensive than 45. Glad I got out of that game :p. I do still lust for one occasionally......

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Forgot to mention that I took off the hogue rubber grip on my 75B yesterday and put the stock grips on. Since I have smaller hands, it actually felt better for me and my accuracy increased. I feel a bit more recoil, but certainly not to a level that is problematic. I think I'm going to save up for a set of VZ Frag grips for it to see how those work out. I know they'll look fantastic, I'm just not sure they'll have the feel I'm looking for.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Oh yeah, forgot about 22TCM. That's fun, but as you say, too expensive. Fun to shoot other people's guns... :):
    If they (RIA) would allow other manufacturers to produce the ammo and it got cheaper or other companies started making guns chambered in it, I could see myself getting another in the future.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If they (RIA) would allow other manufacturers to produce the ammo and it got cheaper or other companies started making guns chambered in it, I could see myself getting another in the future.

If that happened, I'd consider it as well. It's one hell of a fun round to shoot, but not at the current price for ammo. I refuse to pay more than I would for .45 for handgun ammo. One of these days I might even have to get into reloading just to feed my .45 habit. I wish there were more good deals on .45 to jump on. The last deal I had was $265 shipped for a case. Wish I'd bought two :(

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When's the next group shoot? I'll bring the CCO along with the VZ grips and Pierce finger grooves. Those would work very well for larger hands and also work for my medium glove sized hands. I've been all over the place in what caliber I want for a 1911 and currently support two. Most are in .45, but I still have the Delta Elite in 10mm. I need to do some loading for that one though, since I'm down to my last 25 rounds of reloads. I just cannot bring myself to buy 10mm plinking ammo for that gun. I think that the last box of 10mm target ammo cost me $45 at the LGS when I bought the gun. Crazy expensive for plinking ammo.

I've toyed with doing a Colt based 38 Super build as well as a 9mm build. 9mm would be cheaper for plinking, but seems odd for a 1911. My world seems to make the most sense to me if I keep my 9mms in the CZ platform and 45s in the 1911. I used to think my .40s should be Glock, but then I got the 40P and that idea fell apart.

On an unrelated note, I've been going over my carry stats for the last two years and find that when compared to 2014, my 2015 carry has gone from 49% 1911 platform pistols to 67%. Glocks dropped from 43% to 27% and CZs from 8% to 6%. In 2014, I carried a compact sized pistol 75% of the time with a full size getting carried the remaining 25%. In 2015, the compact sized pistols jumped to 83% and full size dropped to 17% for carry. Platform consistency is up from 76% to 87%, which just means I've been doing a better job of sticking with one platform (1911, CZ or Glock) much better in 2015 vs. 2014.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If that happened, I'd consider it as well. It's one hell of a fun round to shoot, but not at the current price for ammo. I refuse to pay more than I would for .45 for handgun ammo. One of these days I might even have to get into reloading just to feed my .45 habit. I wish there were more good deals on .45 to jump on. The last deal I had was $265 shipped for a case. Wish I'd bought two :(
    Only time I'll pay more that 45 for handgun ammo is 357 mag. Would like to someday add a 10mm, but I'll have to reload first. Which that may be coming sooner rather than later.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Dan Wesson Discretion - The Firearm Blog

One in .45 ACP, please.

Dan-Wesson-02.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.