churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I just got back from a quick early trip out to MCFG to exercise the CZ 1911 and CCO. Both performed flawlessly, but I was just hit and miss today. I started shooting at exactly 8 am, 4 minutes before sunrise. I set an alarm for 8 am on my phone and then got set at the firing line at 7:55 with my back to the target. When the alarm went off, so did I. I did a sloppy mozambique, but it would have been acceptible had there been an attacker behind me instead of a big piece of plastic card board.

I have no idea why lights were installed in the pistol bays at MCFG though. They would have come in handy this morning in the cloudy, pre-dawn drizzle. I'll have to check with the club to see if those are available to the rank and file or are just for planned events. It was still a good morning though, even if dark, windy and wet. Good to practice in that stuff too.

Has construction started.
    I just got my renewal in the mail for the club yesterday.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    They are slowly deconstructing the old line cover structure. I was expecting it to be bulldozed, but it's being taken apart piece by piece with the metal being stacked in a trailer.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't know if anyone's looking for a really cheap way into an AR, but right now, PSA has a daily deal running for a complete rifle minus receiver for $349.99. Add one of their $49 blem stripped lowers and you are into the entire rifle for less than $400 before transfer fee and shipping. It's not chrome lined and it's a slick side upper, but it's still a complete 5.56 AR for less than $400.

PTAC 16" M4 5.56 NATO Slick Side 1:7 Nitride Rifle Kit - 7780411

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom