• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The spring loaded detente pins for the slide stop/thumb safety. The thumb safety came out of the slide far enough to let the spring pins combo take flight and lock up the trigger/hammer. When I attempted to clear the live round the slide was also locked in battery. I manipulated the safety and the hammer released and the gun fired. My finger was well off the trigger and it scared the **** out of me. Thank God the gun was pointed down range. That was 4 rounds into the 1st mag I have ever ran from that gun since I bought it. It was ran by many at our shoots including me and it was A-OK.
    I am considering a Band saw and scraping it as I set here.
    I am sorry to hear this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sad I didn't get a chance to meet with you guys last night to shoot that Copperhead. I bet she ran SWEET (aside from your sight issues of course)... :)

It is a very sweet shooter. Butter is the only way I can describe it. BA's is just as smooth and with the sites on his it is actually more accurate for me......damn it.....:(

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Decided to go into work today for a little bit, feeling better but not 100%. If there wasn't but only 2 of us in our shop, and the other guy wasn't going to be in until late morning, I wouldn't have come in. Being home the past 2 days had me bored out of my mind! Can't stand just laying on the couch watching movies all day... I was looking for stuff to do, but really couldn't find anything, so I did a lot of thinking, this can't be good... Not sure if it's the meds or what, but I had a thought about dumping all my 9mm and switching to just 45s.... Help please?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Decided to go into work today for a little bit, feeling better but not 100%. If there wasn't but only 2 of us in our shop, and the other guy wasn't going to be in until late morning, I wouldn't have come in. Being home the past 2 days had me bored out of my mind! Can't stand just laying on the couch watching movies all day... I was looking for stuff to do, but really couldn't find anything, so I did a lot of thinking, this can't be good... Not sure if it's the meds or what, but I had a thought about dumping all my 9mm and switching to just 45s.... Help please?

"DO IT"................."DO IT" now before the meds wear off......:lmfao:

Hell man, if you like the 9's no issues. I have 3 guns in 9mm and that is just wrong on so many levels.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    It is a very sweet shooter. Butter is the only way I can describe it. BA's is just as smooth and with the sites on his it is actually more accurate for me......damn it.....:(

Yes, butter. Both were Butter smooth.
    Didn't even really feel like shooting a 45.
    Both sight types worked for me. I cut ragged holes with both of the 97B's
    Putting 4-5 shots in the same hole was easy with both guns.
    One mag, I put all shots in 1 hole except for 1 flier... I think that was with the Copperhead.
    It was a flier kind of day for me mostly because I wasn't used to the light/short/sweet triggers and I popped a couple off a smidge too soon and got a flier.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    One mag, I put all shots in 1 hole except for 1 flier... I think that was with the Copperhead.
    It was a flier kind of day for me mostly because I wasn't used to the light/short/sweet triggers and I popped a couple off a smidge too soon and got a flier.

Very easy to do until you get used to those sweet, sweet triggers :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I am still getting used to the fulcrum triggers in the CZ's. I am fairly new to this. As the evening progressed I found it easier to deal with what little take up was involved and became more accurate but still had issues with the front site's in my gun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom