Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Decided to go into work today for a little bit, feeling better but not 100%. If there wasn't but only 2 of us in our shop, and the other guy wasn't going to be in until late morning, I wouldn't have come in. Being home the past 2 days had me bored out of my mind! Can't stand just laying on the couch watching movies all day... I was looking for stuff to do, but really couldn't find anything, so I did a lot of thinking, this can't be good... Not sure if it's the meds or what, but I had a thought about dumping all my 9mm and switching to just 45s.... Help please?

Days like that are best spent at the reloading bench. Put some light classical music on in the background and then crank out ammo. It keeps you from thinking when you are focused on the reloading process. I've toyed with going back to only one caliber, but I just can't bring myself to let go of some of the other guns. I don't think I'll ever sell my pre-B 75 and selling the compact would be like selling one of my kids. Not saying it couldn't happen, but just that it would be tough. Then, there's the Glocks. I really like the 23 and 27 and would really need the cash to let them go. So, I'll always have at least .45, 9mm and .40. Oh, the Delta Elite is an hierloom gun to me, so I'm into 10mm for the long haul too. Then there's the PPK that I bought my wife for our 25th anniversary. I guess I'm stuck with .380 too.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I consolidated to one caliber a couple of years ago. Just recently I decided to add a fotay and a .45. I am very happy I did. Keeping magazines separate and buying three calibers is a pain but, in the long run, it is worth it. I made the mistake of trading a CZ 97B once before. I will not make that mistake again.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Days like that are best spent at the reloading bench. Put some light classical music on in the background and then crank out ammo. It keeps you from thinking when you are focused on the reloading process. I've toyed with going back to only one caliber, but I just can't bring myself to let go of some of the other guns. I don't think I'll ever sell my pre-B 75 and selling the compact would be like selling one of my kids. Not saying it couldn't happen, but just that it would be tough. Then, there's the Glocks. I really like the 23 and 27 and would really need the cash to let them go. So, I'll always have at least .45, 9mm and .40. Oh, the Delta Elite is an hierloom gun to me, so I'm into 10mm for the long haul too. Then there's the PPK that I bought my wife for our 25th anniversary. I guess I'm stuck with .380 too.
    I have a habit of buying guns for certain occasions too... It's a good excuse at the time, but I'm learning that I don't want to get rid of them for that reason, even if they aren't liked/needed anymore...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

When building a 1911 the music has to be Ozzy based or Yes.
    Cleaning them the 2 disk set Best of Chicago is good for this.
    AR's I seem to lean towards Tull.
    Somedays Rush fills the needs.
    Classical puts me to sleep..............:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I consolidated to one caliber a couple of years ago. Just recently I decided to add a fotay and a .45. I am very happy I did. Keeping magazines separate and buying three calibers is a pain but, in the long run, it is worth it. I made the mistake of trading a CZ 97B once before. I will not make that mistake again.

Yeah buddy on the Mag thing.
    Damn CZ's all look alike.....:):

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I enjoy classical music. Went to see the Fort Wayne Philharmonic perform Beethovens 9th last year, it was incredible. Usually while cleaning or working on firearms the music playing is blues. Mostly early delta blues, but any blues will do.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The music is important.

Keeps me sane and calm.

He helps me to stay focused on what I'm doing. Like CM, I have different music for different tasks. While working on a car, I like older, '60s era Stones or Hendrix. When driving, it's often Pink Floyd. While coding, it's typically classical and occasionally opera. But, one type that seems to transcend any task is some vintage Sinatra. I've also found that my drink choice tends to change with the task and music. Stones, Hendrix or any other vintage rock goes well with Budwieser. Sinatra seems to demand a decent bourbon.

But, Beethoven's 9th? That's something everyone should experience in person at least once in their life.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He helps me to stay focused on what I'm doing. Like CM, I have different music for different tasks. While working on a car, I like older, '60s era Stones or Hendrix. When driving, it's often Pink Floyd. While coding, it's typically classical and occasionally opera. But, one type that seems to transcend any task is some vintage Sinatra. I've also found that my drink choice tends to change with the task and music. Stones, Hendrix or any other vintage rock goes well with Budwieser. Sinatra seems to demand a decent bourbon.

But, Beethoven's 9th? That's something everyone should experience in person at least once in their life.

In the old Circle theater with the Indy Orchestra. Long ago when the circle was the venue here for such things. It was a long time but I will never forget it.

I just tore down the mill-spec and started ion the slide/frame fit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom