Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've gone back and forth on the bob-tail 1911 thing. When I bought my EB bobtail, I loved it. Now, I've been shooting the CZ 1911 a lot and that has the arched MSH and the bob tail feels like I'm missing a contact point. I think I was good with it as long as all of my other 1911s had a flat MSH. I should take it shooting again to re-align my brain. It gets out of whack once in a while.

It is all in what you want/like/can use well.

My Mil-Spec is done at Allens. He changed my program up as he usually does. I wanted all Titanium Black.....He painted the slide some cool grey color. Said he would do it over if I did not like it....he kills me but is usually on point. I hate him I really do.....:):

The custom build has turned down a different path. I have decided to do a 2011 double stack in 10mm with a ribbed barrel.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oooh, I went through a phase where I *really* wanted a Bonneville, even stopped by the Triumph place down by the old Saab dealership a couple times to look at them. Really, really neat bikes.

I ran them in the late 60's. I was 17 when I got my 1st Lightning. I had a very "Zippy" Suzuki X6 Hustler that was built to hell and back. Guy had a lightning at the track and pounded me 3 times in a row.........I was sold.

You had to own 3 of them back then to keep one running full time.....:)

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Nice. You available for a trip to the Greenwood or Carmel PB sometime soon? :)

Oh yeah, I think we can work something out soon! I'm getting down to my last few airport trips for the year, and bet we can sneak in a range session. If you don't mind, since I already know where the Carmel PB location is, let's figure out an upcoming Saturday or Sunday to sling some lead. I don't know for sure what's going on this weekend, but I think next weekend is wide-open!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Oh yeah, I think we can work something out soon! I'm getting down to my last few airport trips for the year, and bet we can sneak in a range session. If you don't mind, since I already know where the Carmel PB location is, let's figure out an upcoming Saturday or Sunday to sling some lead. I don't know for sure what's going on this weekend, but I think next weekend is wide-open!

Sounds good. Let me know what day works best for you and we'll hook up to sling some lead :ar15:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Of course! I don't think I've worked out the V-Bob since the last time you and I got together, so it's overdo for a range session. I don't think you'll be able to put different grips on it, though, unless they are cut for a bobbed frame... otherwise, I don't think they'll fit. But I do agree, the stock VZ grips are cut pretty aggressively. I haven't noticed them causing issues during extended range sessions, and I can tell you that on really hot, humid days, those grips, along with the texture on the front and back straps, will keep that DW from making any kind of slippery move in your hands. You could have a handful of motor oil, and that V-Bob will stay put.

You can order the VZ grips to be cut for a couple of different bob tail styles when you get them directly from VZ. They should be having a sale coming up soon for BF.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sounds good to me, guys. I'll check with my better half to make sure she doesn't have me lined up for something, and let you know what weekend works as soon as I can!

:yesway:

So I guess I am making an offer on that Champion......:faint:

You're welcome :):

You can order the VZ grips to be cut for a couple of different bob tail styles when you get them directly from VZ. They should be having a sale coming up soon for BF.

15% off today for Veteran's: VZ Grips Salutes Our Veterans

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    So I guess I am making an offer on that Champion......:faint:

Presuming you are talking about the black/dark gray one near the top of the classifieds? I think that looks VERY sharp. I know it's hard to tell in pics, but I like the color combo, and it doesn't look like it's got a mark on it.

Edit - it's near the bottom of the first page now. It was near the top last night when I saw it.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Waiting to see what BF brings. Otherwise may just get myself the VBOB as a early graduation present to myself :D

If you're not fond of the VBOB, just give Keith a call at DW and have him build you a traditional Commander (Valor).

Attachments

• Valor20Comm20003_zpsrpjjijpb.jpg
      Valor20Comm20003_zpsrpjjijpb.jpg
      30 KB · Views: 4

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If you're not fond of the VBOB, just give Keith a call at DW and have him build you a traditional Commander (Valor).

That's what I had wanted at first, but after shooting a bobtailed Sig 1911, I'm leaning in that direction (the VBOB). I'm still up in the air. I'm really looking for a nice carry 1911. I have three lower end, but still nice full sized guns already. Of course, carrying a full size OC vs a smaller one isn't that different.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom