Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just noticed this. What sight issue are you referring to? The reason I ask is that I really like the 40P sights and feel they contribute to my accuracy with that gun...

I like to put night sights (carry gun) or fiber optics (range gun) on. It is very difficult to find sights that will work with these guns.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I like to put night sights (carry gun) or fiber optics (range gun) on. It is very difficult to find sights that will work with these guns.

Ah, yes, I'll agree with that. The one thing that bummed me about selling my first 40P was that it had night sights that still worked. The cajunized 40P has standard sights :(

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I had a buddy with a 686 that went off at the range. I was watching him. Finger nowhere near the trigger. Some odd thing with that gun and clearing a malfunction of some sort.

Scared the **** out of both of us. Always follow the basics. Gun pointed down range in a safe direction. Hands off of everything when the range is cold. No issues at all with that AD because of following safety rules.

But man did that scare the **** out of us.

A revolver just went off by itself? Was it a hot round cook off? Was the hammer cocked and he was trying to clear it?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I always liked the 40P. I just could never get over the sight issue.

The sights will be interesting to address. Right now, I'm planning on this being a range toy, so I can live with the existing sights. If I ever decide to make it an EDC gun, I'd want to have night sights installed, but that's an expensive proposition for a 40P. I wonder if Novak would be able to cut the slide with their program where you send them the slide and they do the cut, install and send it back with a 1 week turn time.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The sights will be interesting to address. Right now, I'm planning on this being a range toy, so I can live with the existing sights. If I ever decide to make it an EDC gun, I'd want to have night sights installed, but that's an expensive proposition for a 40P. I wonder if Novak would be able to cut the slide with their program where you send them the slide and they do the cut, install and send it back with a 1 week turn time.

I only partially did the research so I apologize in advance. There are sight that work on these guns. They are for a Colt. I just can't remember which kind.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

If you end up doing that, let us know. I might be interested in doing the same at some point.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Speaking of sights, I decided since I have to be responsible with the money I have at the moment, I at least wanted to get some good sights for my Shield, since it's my EDC. Amazon had the Trijicon HD's for the Shield (yellow front) for $121, which is a great price. Even with tax added, it was $30 - $40 lower than most other places I checked.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'm not a revolver expert, so I can't say the mechanics of what happened, but if I remember correctly, he had a hot round in the chamber. The hammer was back to shoot single action, and something happened and the gun wouldn't shoot and the hammer was back and wouldn't come down. He released the crane/cylinder and began rotating the cylinder out and the hammer dropped.

I have no idea why/how that happened, but it's what happened. Luckily the cylinder was still in relatively good enough alignment with the forcing cone to keep the gun from dismembering itself and his hand.

A revolver just went off by itself? Was it a hot round cook off? Was the hammer cocked and he was trying to clear it?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Once I get another Shield, I'm getting Dawsons. Probably a completely blacked out rear and night sight for the front. They come in at $90 for that set. I think it's something around $110-120 for full night sights, but I prefer the completely black rear.

Love me some Dawson sights.

Speaking of sights, I decided since I have to be responsible with the money I have at the moment, I at least wanted to get some good sights for my Shield, since it's my EDC. Amazon had the Trijicon HD's for the Shield (yellow front) for $121, which is a great price. Even with tax added, it was $30 - $40 lower than most other places I checked.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Allen M can also machine the slide to fit different sights.
    He's doing it to CM's 1911 so I'm sure it would not be an issue to do it for a CZ 40P.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers

Just burning a hole in your pocket... :spend:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just burning a hole in your pocket... :spend:

Actually, there are a TON of things I need to do with the money (all boring, responsible stuff). Since I can't use any of it to make a purchase as large as for a gun, I decided I'd get the sights for the Shield since that's money well spent. The current sights are okay, but nothing great. I'm thinking the Trijicons will be a good investment, though had I researched a bit I might have gone with the WT sights seedubs mentioned.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

That's a really good price. I paid around $170 to have a set of HDs installed on my G21.

Allen M can also machine the slide to fit different sights.
    He's doing it to CM's 1911 so I'm sure it would not be an issue to do it for a CZ 40P.

That's another good option.

This can become a very spendy hobby! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom