• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Any of you CZickos know of any place selling M&P shields for a good price (really wanting to be $350 or less out the door, so $327 before taxes)?

Hoping to buy local instead of online. But I refuse to pay $100 extra to buy local, and all of the ones I've seen in the LGS's I've been into are North of $400 before taxes. Looking to buy somewhere in Indy or down to Columbus, IN.

Thanks for any heads ups.

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    That's not too bad. I've dealt with ZX at the 1500 before. Seems like they deal in large quantities to keep cost on individual purchases down.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My family just expanded. Tonight, I bought WTB's 40P (not the Cajunized one, sadly) as my winter project. This is my first de-cocker CZ, so I have a bit of learning to do regarding disassembly. My goal is to upgrade it with the CGW Pro package. I'd love to get the SA pull down to the 3 1/2 lbs level with an 8 lb DA pull. At the moment, it's running right around 4 lb, 14 oz in SA and the DA pull exceeded my gauge's 10 lb limit. I'm guessing it's close to 11 lbs in DA. Smooth is not a term that comes to mind right now either. While we were making the exchange, WTB let me try out his 40P that's been tuned by the Wizard so I know what my goal is now.

I'll probably try to hit MCFG early one morning this week to see how she runs. Tom let me know that he has had issues with this before the transaction, so it will be interesting to see how it runs. While I had it apart, I did polish the feed ramp and replaced one of the mag springs with an extra power spring I had around from when I resprung all of my pre-B mags a couple of years ago. It was interesting to see that it has a flat wire recoil spring. I had not seen that in any of my other CZs. While rooting around in my spring box, I found a fair number of Wolf CZ recoil springs still in their packaging, so maybe I'll take a couple of those along to see if they fix any issue I might run into. I do think that a SS guide rod is in the future too.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My family just expanded. Tonight, I bought WTB's 40P (not the Cajunized one, sadly) as my winter project. This is my first de-cocker CZ, so I have a bit of learning to do regarding disassembly. My goal is to upgrade it with the CGW Pro package. I'd love to get the SA pull down to the 3 1/2 lbs level with an 8 lb DA pull. At the moment, it's running right around 4 lb, 14 oz in SA and the DA pull exceeded my gauge's 10 lb limit. I'm guessing it's close to 11 lbs in DA. Smooth is not a term that comes to mind right now either. While we were making the exchange, WTB let me try out his 40P that's been tuned by the Wizard so I know what my goal is now.

I'll probably try to hit MCFG early one morning this week to see how she runs. Tom let me know that he has had issues with this before the transaction, so it will be interesting to see how it runs. While I had it apart, I did polish the feed ramp and replaced one of the mag springs with an extra power spring I had around from when I resprung all of my pre-B mags a couple of years ago. It was interesting to see that it has a flat wire recoil spring. I had not seen that in any of my other CZs. While rooting around in my spring box, I found a fair number of Wolf CZ recoil springs still in their packaging, so maybe I'll take a couple of those along to see if they fix any issue I might run into. I do think that a SS guide rod is in the future too.

I'm hoping you enjoy it as much as I did. Even though it had the occasional feeding issue, it was a sweetheart to shoot and pretty accurate as well. I love the stock sights on it, something I've not said about any other CZ I've owned... :):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm sure I will. Having felt the trigger on your 40P, I know where I need to go with this one. Having dry fired both just minutes apart sure gives me an appreciation of Losey's skill with these guns. The difference is amazing.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Congrats on the sale! 88 will like that 40P
    I shot it and it was very accurate.
    the Wizard has my 75D compact done. going to pick it up on Saturday. :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Let me know when you are going please. I may tag along and pester you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sure I will. Having felt the trigger on your 40P, I know where I need to go with this one. Having dry fired both just minutes apart sure gives me an appreciation of Losey's skill with these guns. The difference is amazing.

have been off to see the wizard more than a few times.....:)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Let me know when you are going please. I may tag along and pester you.

I'm planning on doing a quick trip this morning. I have a 9:30 meeting I need to be back for, but will try to squeeze a quick 50 rounds in before then. I'll be there at 8am if you are up and interested. I might try to do another range trip this week as well but am not sure of the timing on the second one. Might be Friday at lunch if the schedule holds out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm planning on doing a quick trip this morning. I have a 9:30 meeting I need to be back for, but will try to squeeze a quick 50 rounds in before then. I'll be there at 8am if you are up and interested. I might try to do another range trip this week as well but am not sure of the timing on the second one. Might be Friday at lunch if the schedule holds out.

Cant make today. Time is all used up.....:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom