• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Had a good therapy session this morning. M1A continues to impress me. Had my first malfunction with my RO.

Freedom Munitions 230gr ball reman. Best guess at this point between the mouse man and T-DOGG is weak round. I didn't notice it being weaker, but wasn't paying that much attention. Didn't even realize it happened until I couldn't get the mag out..... I marked the mag just in case and continued shooting. No more malfunctions. So most likely just a weak round.

On another note, I decided to wrap up when I heard the 3 people a couple lanes down start questioning if they loaded the bullets in the clip backwards........

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Putting money towards a 308 battle rifle. Most likely gonna try my hand again at another 16" DPMS Oracle since Rural King has them on sale for $699. I would slap my 1-6 Strike Eagle on it and have it set up as a Scout Rifle with it mainly geared towards shooting 2-300 yds. Although Rusty is trying to get my mind back onto an M1A.

Put another $600 on top of the $699 and you can get an M1A

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Most likely Ruger with steel frame. Seems like it's going to get me the most for my money and since it will be a carry gun won't hurt too bad if it gets scratched.

That's not a bad choice. I thought about going with one, since I have the full size Ruger and love it, but ended up treating myself to the DW CCO. I think the commander sized Ruger will be a good carry gun for you. If you need to have any work done to it, you know CM is very experienced with those Rugers :)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That's not a bad choice. I thought about going with one, since I have the full size Ruger and love it, but ended up treating myself to the DW CCO. I think the commander sized Ruger will be a good carry gun for you. If you need to have any work done to it, you know CM is very experienced with those Rugers :)
    It may mean I have to go CZless for awhile as I juggle some things around. But I have a plan and that includes another CZ next year.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I thought that was your edc?
    I rotated between that and my 9mm P320 Compact for EDC. I liked the Carry model and had forgot they offered one when I bought it. However shortly after I bought it and went to order the additional mags I noticed they had x-grip spacers to use the fullsize mag in the compact grip frame, so I ordered some 17rd mags and spacers for my compact 9mm. If I would have known that beforehand I probably wouldn't have bought the Carry in 40 (well atleast that's what I'm telling myself). Way back when (ok really a month or so ago) when I sold a bunch of stuff to get monies up for a 308 battle rifle (M1A) I got the money together and then froze when it came to putting up the $1200 -$1300 for one. So I had this brilliant idea to get a .40 handgun again and go 308 on the cheap with the Ruger American. Well here I am, still wanting an M1A. I also just need to stop buying .40 caliber handguns, I enjoy shooting 9mm and .45 much much more. Some habits die hard, real hard. :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom