Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Packing up the range bag. Life was simpler when I only had one caliber. Decided to bring the 97, the Beast and the RAMI. I will have the fotay with me but it won't get any fun today, will be on the job. ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I still have the remnants of a couple of plexiglas polishing kits from my Air Force days. They have grits that run down to 8000 for polishing foggy Plexiglas and it works well on headlights. It's not a fast process though. I did my sister's mini-van about 10 years ago and it took hours to do. I wish I had thought of the clear coat method since that van was not worth the hours spent on it.

Oh, and speaking of old: When I was in first grade, we were taught how to do math with an abacus. My kids like to give me grief over that fact.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I still have the remnants of a couple of plexiglas polishing kits from my Air Force days. They have grits that run down to 8000 for polishing foggy Plexiglas and it works well on headlights. It's not a fast process though. I did my sister's mini-van about 10 years ago and it took hours to do. I wish I had thought of the clear coat method since that van was not worth the hours spent on it.

Oh, and speaking of old: When I was in first grade, we were taught how to do math with an abacus. My kids like to give me grief over that fact.

Slide rules. We used them. That was what we had. They worked well enough to send men into space.....:)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    You can polish out the old yellowness. Only problem is that once you polish off the crappy layer, the new plastic is exposed and you've polished off the factory sealer. It'll yellow again in a short amount of time.

So.....Once you polish them, you need to reseal them. I've seen lots of options. Some people just buy some UV resistant clear coat and spraypaint them. Seems to work better than nothing.

Been off inn the interwebs looking at ways to clean up the cheap plastic headlights in my 04 Chevy van.
    I know, not gun related but it has my attention. Either clean these up or buy new ones.....Ugh.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Slide rules. We used them. That was what we had. They worked well enough to send men into space.....:)

We used to have a couple of slide rules around our house when I was a kid. I don't recall ever being taught how to use one properly, but I recall my older brother learning how to use them in one of his classes. We used to also have one of the old adding machines. It was like a typewriter (also probably an unknown device to kids of today) but you punched the numbers in and pulled a big handle and it would print out the results on a tape strip.

On an unrelated note, had a scare last night that turned out to be nothing. Right after I went to bed, with the house dark and secured, I distinctly heard a sound like a door closing downstairs. I had only been in bed less than 5 minutes and was still awake when I heard it. I woke the wife up chambered a round in the AR and listened. After 5 minutes of dead silence coming from down stairs, I moved to the top of the stairs and listened for another 5 minutes. Still dead silent. So, with the wife upstairs by the phone with a Glock 21 in hand, I cleared every nook and cranny of the house. Nothing found and all doors and windows still secure. When I heard the noise, we turned the flood lights on and while clearing the house, I saw the neigbors flood lights come on too.

I did not think of it last night, but am now wondering if what I heard was someone trying the front door. Either that, or my house as aquired a ghost. Overall, things went well with what turned out to be a drill, but there are things I need to address. First is that I have a great home defense handgun that stayed in the room when I went out to clear the house. I had never really considered the need for a holster for that gun that will work with a light attached and so when I went room clearing with an AR, the gun sat unused. I need a pancake holster that can quickly be clipped onto anything I'm wearing that will let me take that gun with me. Second thing is that I had no hearing protection in the room. I usually do, but it was in my range bag. Need a dedicated set to keep in the room. Third thing was that there was no fear. We both just methodically did what we thought we needed to do without the 'OMG, this is really happening' stuff that I was thinking would happen. The last thing I discovered was that my wife looks awfully sexy in a skimpy nightgown while holding a pistol at low ready.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    We used to have a couple of slide rules around our house when I was a kid. I don't recall ever being taught how to use one properly, but I recall my older brother learning how to use them in one of his classes. We used to also have one of the old adding machines. It was like a typewriter (also probably an unknown device to kids of today) but you punched the numbers in and pulled a big handle and it would print out the results on a tape strip.

On an unrelated note, had a scare last night that turned out to be nothing. Right after I went to bed, with the house dark and secured, I distinctly heard a sound like a door closing downstairs. I had only been in bed less than 5 minutes and was still awake when I heard it. I woke the wife up chambered a round in the AR and listened. After 5 minutes of dead silence coming from down stairs, I moved to the top of the stairs and listened for another 5 minutes. Still dead silent. So, with the wife upstairs by the phone with a Glock 21 in hand, I cleared every nook and cranny of the house. Nothing found and all doors and windows still secure. When I heard the noise, we turned the flood lights on and while clearing the house, I saw the neigbors flood lights come on too.

I did not think of it last night, but am now wondering if what I heard was someone trying the front door. Either that, or my house as aquired a ghost. Overall, things went well with what turned out to be a drill, but there are things I need to address. First is that I have a great home defense handgun that stayed in the room when I went out to clear the house. I had never really considered the need for a holster for that gun that will work with a light attached and so when I went room clearing with an AR, the gun sat unused. I need a pancake holster that can quickly be clipped onto anything I'm wearing that will let me take that gun with me. Second thing is that I had no hearing protection in the room. I usually do, but it was in my range bag. Need a dedicated set to keep in the room. Third thing was that there was no fear. We both just methodically did what we thought we needed to do without the 'OMG, this is really happening' stuff that I was thinking would happen. The last thing I discovered was that my wife looks awfully sexy in a skimpy nightgown while holding a pistol at low ready.

Glad to hear it was nothing!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've seen Omegas under $500 online on a regular basis, but then you have the transfer fees, so there's a tradeoff.

Sportsmans Guide has them for $474.99. CZ-USA CZ 75B Omega, Semi-automatic, 9mm, 91135, 806703911359, 4.6" Barrel, 3-dot Sight, 2 Mags Included - 640537, Semi-Automatic at Sportsman's Guide I use Ebates, so I get another 4% cash back and then 1% from my credit card, so that amounts to another $24 ish. I think I've seen them for $475 a few other places also, but not sure where right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom