• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I need more ammo..... Thinking about selling a rifle to fund said ammo. Smart move or not? Love the rifle but it's an "odd" caliber and expensive to shoot. Enjoyable, but definitely not necessary.

If selling it eliminates a caliber, that's not necessarily a bad thing especially if it's a odd caliber as you say.
    I'm consolidated down to 9mm, 45acp, .223, .308, and 22LR. I have a 38 & 357 too, but those are not in the normal rotation, they are more for fun & training new shooters

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Ammo may become scarce again. Think long.....think wrong. You could get stuck out in the cold.

Wisdom right here ^^^. I think my New Year's resolution is going to be to concentrate more on feeding what I have, not having more to feed. Though it seems like there is always something else out there I find myself pining for.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Wisdom right here ^^^. I think my New Year's resolution is going to be to concentrate more on feeding what I have, not having more to feed. Though it seems like there is always something else out there I find myself pining for.

Yep, my way of thinking as well, if I can just stop buying all the pretties... psyko

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Don't exactly see 8mm Mauser on the shelf everywhere... It's a piece of history and it's fun, but it's not a necessity at this point in my life. However with recent events and future events coming and the thought of ammo not getting any cheaper has me thinking, selling just that one rifle could buy several thousand rds for various needed calibers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been off inn the interwebs looking at ways to clean up the cheap plastic headlights in my 04 Chevy van.
    I know, not gun related but it has my attention. Either clean these up or buy new ones.....Ugh.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Been off inn the interwebs looking at ways to clean up the cheap plastic headlights in my 04 Chevy van.
    I know, not gun related but it has my attention. Either clean these up or buy new ones.....Ugh.
    That's easy. Sand them down to get all the oxidation and yellowness off. Then gloss clear coat. Will look almost good as new and last a lot longer than the factory coating.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Yep, my way of thinking as well, if I can just stop buying all the pretties... psyko

You mean like this....
    images

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My LGS has a CZ75B for what I believe was $575... good deal or no? May put it on layaway.
    It's a little steep for a 75B. But, by the time you add shipping and transfer to an online deal you will end up near there. With tax you will be north of six. I would see if there is a little haggle room. Can't hurt to try.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom