• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Sell what you want to sell, put together enough money, then wait for the right deal to come along.
    It's coming up on Christmas, so there will be more deals coming down the pike as people need money for the holidays.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Market is soft. I've had trouble selling everything I've listed, and I think I have pretty reasonable prices.

At this point, I've sold all of my extra knives and a 22-250. So I've got some extra cash in my pocket if I find something over the next couple months. Hoping to score some cheap AR parts for an SBR build and maybe a M&P Shield for summer carry next year.

Sell what you want to sell, put together enough money, then wait for the right deal to come along.
    It's coming up on Christmas, so there will be more deals coming down the pike as people need money for the holidays.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Grey Wolf in Avon has a gorgeous high-polish 75B if anyone's interested. It's truly stunning.

They would no longer have it if I had ~$700 burning a hole in my pocket.

That is a bit salty for that gun is it not.....:dunno:

That is a bit high. Buds has the same high polish 75B brand new for $664 with free shipping. Add $15 for a transfer fee and you are out the door for $679. With tax, the used one in Avon will set you back at least $750.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Market is soft. I've had trouble selling everything I've listed, and I think I have pretty reasonable prices.

At this point, I've sold all of my extra knives and a 22-250. So I've got some extra cash in my pocket if I find something over the next couple months. Hoping to score some cheap AR parts for an SBR build and maybe a M&P Shield for summer carry next year.

The market is soft on INGO. I listed two handguns on INGO and they were not selling. I took them to USDS and had them sell them. Now here is the kicker on one I got what I was asking for on INGO and the other I got $5 more than what I was asking for on INGO. So the people who bought the guns thru a LGS paid what I was asking, plus the 15% the LGS gets for selling the gun plus they paid tax. From that I conclude that the market is a lot softer on INGO than it is in the LGS's.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Love this picture...
    A Colt that can't stand on it's own with out Glock's help... :laugh::rofl:

for sale... http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_88/1...OSS_Series_70__It_is_unfired_in_the_box_.html

IMG_6112_zpsgthlyw1y.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have had no trouble selling anything I have listed in the classifieds but there are a lot of low-Ballers in the ranks.

That's for sure. I've gotten several low ball offers on everything I've sold on INGO. I just shrug them off and wait it out and I usually come out fine. The only one that didn't really work out was my M&P 45C which I ended up trading for my 40P. I lost a bit on that, but that was my fault.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Oh man, I knew I shouldn't have checked the classifieds :(

Hopper is selling his SS VBOB and Jeff has his black one back up. Both are very nicely priced and I has no monies!! :tantrum:

:stickpoke:

Kidding aside, I'm having second thoughts, the DW is everything I hoped it would be. I've just become infatuated with revolvers over the 1911 platform. Also, IMHO, Jeff's is the better deal... it's not a blem, it's spotless, and it has the proprietary DW duty finish that's supposed to be tough as nails. If I wasn't a stainless guy, I think I'd be all over Jeff's V-Bob. His asking price is extremely fair.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

IMHO, Jeff's is the better deal... it's not a blem, it's spotless, and it has the proprietary DW duty finish that's supposed to be tough as nails. If I wasn't a stainless guy, I think I'd be all over Jeff's V-Bob. His asking price is extremely fair.

I really enjoyed shooting yours, but for some reason the duty finish really appeals to me on that model and yes, that is a really fair price.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I suppose that's true. I have actually sold 4 out of the 5 things I had up for sale. Lots of really low ball offers and weird trade offers. The stuff is eventually selling. It's just taking longer than normal.

I have had no trouble selling anything I have listed in the classifieds but there are a lot of low-Ballers in the ranks.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers

Kidding aside, I'm having second thoughts, the DW is everything I hoped it would be. I've just become infatuated with revolvers over the 1911 platform. Also, IMHO, Jeff's is the better deal... it's not a blem, it's spotless, and it has the proprietary DW duty finish that's supposed to be tough as nails. If I wasn't a stainless guy, I think I'd be all over Jeff's V-Bob. His asking price is extremely fair.

:+1:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I suppose that's true. I have actually sold 4 out of the 5 things I had up for sale. Lots of really low ball offers and weird trade offers. The stuff is eventually selling. It's just taking longer than normal.

Seasonal. Things always slow down right now. School is back in, fall is here.,.....people have spent the stash on the family vacation and getting junior and Missy back into school. It will pick up especially come next November.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After much thought/consideration/counting my change in the big jar.....I have come to the decision that it is way past time to build a full on custom 1911.
    The Mil-spoec I am fighting with (literally) will be the last for a while possibly ever.

I sat down with AllenM today and we drafted up a plan. Most likely Caspian frame/slide in the raw. It will have an integrated Compensator that will litteraly be an extension of the slide. Total custom build.
    I am seriously happy with the great CZ's I currently own.
    The 1911's are all just super duper.
    How do I top this.....Build up one from scratch.
    I am currently doing one but nothing like this.
    Details to follow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom