• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    there are some sweet Caspian's out there.
    that's a good choice for a custom build.
    If I were going to attempt one, it would be a caspian or a fusion.
    Long slide & ported would also be cool

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sweet! Keep us posted how this turns out. Being that DW is owned by CZ, this is the proper thread for updates. Good deal, and good luck!! FWIW, I agree that this gun looks sweet in the duty finish.

Sounds like he's got a buyer lined up. Oh well, should really use the money for Christmas and buying ammo anyway...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    After much thought/consideration/counting my change in the big jar.....I have come to the decision that it is way past time to build a full on custom 1911.
    The Mil-spoec I am fighting with (literally) will be the last for a while possibly ever.

I sat down with AllenM today and we drafted up a plan. Most likely Caspian frame/slide in the raw. It will have an integrated Compensator that will litteraly be an extension of the slide. Total custom build.
    I am seriously happy with the great CZ's I currently own.
    The 1911's are all just super duper.
    How do I top this.....Build up one from scratch.
    I am currently doing one but nothing like this.
    Details to follow.

Sorry to hear of the frustrations with the mil-spec, but I am really interested to see where the full custom ends up going. You really should have a show on HGTV (Hand Gun Television).

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    we can only dream....

WTS: Guncrafter Industries No-Name - AR15.COM

GCNN.4_zpsxcjawiws.jpg

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry to hear of the frustrations with the mil-spec, but I am really interested to see where the full custom ends up going. You really should have a show on HGTV (Hand Gun Television).

The issues with the mil-spec stem from it being an off shore built gun from 2004. There were spec issues in these.
    The new ones I have done have all been a lot easier to do.
    I have it all fit up and it will be going for color as soon as I pick one out.

On the CZ side I have the threaded barrel in my SP01 Phantom. Waiting on the stamp and it will be on.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The issues with the mil-spec stem from it being an off shore built gun from 2004. There were spec issues in these.
    The new ones I have done have all been a lot easier to do.
    I have it all fit up and it will be going for color as soon as I pick one out.

On the CZ side I have the threaded barrel in my SP01 Phantom. Waiting on the stamp and it will be on.
    :yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Grey Wolf in Avon has a gorgeous high-polish 75B if anyone's interested. It's truly stunning.

They would no longer have it if I had ~$700 burning a hole in my pocket.

Hey, that's just like my Remington R1S. Except for the fact that it's better in every concievable way and maybe shares the sole attribute of being a gun. That is serously sweet. Maybe one of these days the gods of the lottery will shine on me and I might call one of those my own. Until that happens, I'll just keep polishing my R1S.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think, after I get some people paid off, I will get another beater. This time it will be a B or a BD. I plan to get it cerakoted and, of course, fully Cajunized. Not really sure why I need it, but I do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think, after I get some people paid off, I will get another beater. This time it will be a B or a BD. I plan to get it cerakoted and, of course, fully Cajunized. Not really sure why I need it, but I do.

For the same reasons I "Need" to build another pistol......You just want to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom