Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I use a bore laser when I dry fire. It is the no lie tell all.
    I need to do some practice.

I bought a LaserLyte training cartidge for my 9mm, .40 and .45. Those really make dry fire interesting since it shows a brief spot of exactly where I hit. They make dry fire practice fun too. I spend half of my work days working from home while on conferenece calls. Dry fire practice while being paid to be on a call is pretty sweet.

Possibly but nickels and quarters.
    I want to hit them.

Vision is part of this. I need to get my eyes checked.

I'm trying to improve my point shooting because I'm unable to improve my eyes. They just keep getting older every day. I like the theory behind point shooting and think it makes a lot of sense.

I disagree. In a defensive situation you are not going to be thinking as much as reacting. You are going to fall back on training, muscle memory etc... You shoot small groups on paper you have a better chance of shooting small groups in real life. Three rounds that graze an aggressor are not going to do as much as one well aimed shot to an organ. Another reason I like to train with photo realistic targets.

Sorry it's that whole Marine Corps training thing, one shot one kill philosophy as opposed to spry and pray. I see people do mag dumps at 7 yards on paper on the range all the time and none of the holes on paper would have stopped a person. And that is on paper that is not moving.

First the basic marksmanship training as a foundation where every shot counts.
    I am no expert and I am not a self proclaimed "trainer" just my thoughts on how larger capacity magazines as opposed to 7 / 8 round mags have had a negative impact on defensive handgun shooting. Too many people think 3 or 4 rapid fire rounds from a 9mm are going to be better than one well aimed shot from a .45acp. I don't think that is going to work in real life situations.

Beyond 10 yards, I completely agree. Inside of 10 yards, and things may be happening faster than my eyes can aquire the sights. Even with a set of HDs, there may be times that I just cannot aquire them as fast as I need to. Practicing a consistent grip, trigger pull and point shooting all makes me a better shot whether or not I can see the sights.

$20/box of 50. Thats a good deal

That's a smoking deal on G/S

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Started fitting parts to the ugly duckling today.
    Damn it that thing is a rough one.
    I did the slide/frame fit up on Friday and finished it up yesterday.
    Barrel is an Ed Brown alleged drop in. It will drop in my other 1911's but not the U.D. Took a butt load of time to get it right. Had to almost make a link for it.
    Grip safety was a bear as well and not a Las Baer either....:)
    AllenM will cut the site slots for the night sites.

Very close to color time. Not sure what I want. Blank canvas.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's always tough commiting to a color. My Kimber is currently blasted bare aluminum and sooner or later I'll have to choose a color combo for it. What about doing it in a scheme that's complimentary to the Copperhead?

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Grey Wolf in Avon has a gorgeous high-polish 75B if anyone's interested. It's truly stunning.

They would no longer have it if I had ~$700 burning a hole in my pocket.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's always tough commiting to a color. My Kimber is currently blasted bare aluminum and sooner or later I'll have to choose a color combo for it. What about doing it in a scheme that's complimentary to the Copperhead?

All the controls/safety's are stainless so I have to take that into consideration.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Grey Wolf in Avon has a gorgeous high-polish 75B if anyone's interested. It's truly stunning.

They would no longer have it if I had ~$700 burning a hole in my pocket.

They finally found the second mag for that gun and it also comes with a leather custom holster (with mag pouch attached).
    Its a nice gun but its used and that is a little high for a used gun. You can find them around that price new.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They finally found the second mag for that gun and it also comes with a leather custom holster (with mag pouch attached).
    Its a nice gun but its used and that is a little high for a used gun. You can find them around that price new.

Used then it is a bit saltyt.

Hey, LGS's gotta pay the bills.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    No one has convinced me that the "gamer" way of shooting has any advantages in self defense. Simply stating that I "must change" because everyone else is doing it doesn't make the case. What I have learned is that the way I shoot seems to be a cause of angst for some people. So, I will just shoot with my few friends who make range trips enjoyable and don't talk down to people. Have fun and be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    No one has convinced me that the "gamer" way of shooting has any advantages in self defense. Simply stating that I "must change" because everyone else is doing it doesn't make the case. What I have learned is that the way I shoot seems to be a cause of angst for some people. So, I will just shoot with my few friends who make range trips enjoyable and don't talk down to people. Have fun and be safe.
    I second that! Do you ever sleep Birds?psyko

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks :coffee:

That's what it's all about. We buy the guns that fit us the best, we tune them and then we learn to use them in a manner that fits our personal style.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Mine completely accepted it. I woke up right on schedule without an alarm. Strange. Feeling much better, after getting my ass kicked since Wednesday, this flu/cold whatever thing seems to be on its way out!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom