• Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hike/camp/hunt the KT!

Since I like most of you people. Got a question, I recently found out I have a week of vacation to burn up before the end of January. I would usually just use it to finish some of my projects, but since I'm still young, I want an adventure. Looking for something to do no more than a day's drive. Not a fan of big cities. I like the outdoors, would love a place with some mountain bike trails. Any thoughts? The cold weather doesn't bother me much as most likely I will be camping.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    SD1, I think you should get one of these:

th_IMG_0569_zpsq1tlxzhc.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Since I like most of you people. Got a question, I recently found out I have a week of vacation to burn up before the end of January. I would usually just use it to finish some of my projects, but since I'm still young, I want an adventure. Looking for something to do no more than a day's drive. Not a fan of big cities. I like the outdoors, would love a place with some mountain bike trails. Any thoughts? The cold weather doesn't bother me much as most likely I will be camping.

You could swing over to Indiana Dunes, or run up to Traverse City, MI.
    If you want to go south, I'd suggest Mammoth Cave, KY. It's a straight shot down 65 out of Indy. Maybe a 5 hour drive from Fort Wayne.
    They have trails, hiking, camping, and oh yeah... some of the most awesome caves in the world. Not expensive either.
    If you go there, you will also pass by Knob Creek Gun Range (Shepherdsville exit off 65 & go west about 20 minutes).

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    You could swing over to Indiana Dunes, or run up to Traverse City, MI.
    If you want to go south, I'd suggest Mammoth Cave, KY. It's a straight shot down 65 out of Indy. Maybe a 5 hour drive from Fort Wayne.
    They have trails, hiking, camping, and oh yeah... some of the most awesome caves in the world. Not expensive either.
    If you go there, you will also pass by Knob Creek Gun Range (Shepherdsville exit off 65 & go west about 20 minutes).
    I was up at Sleeping Bear Dunes in 2012, stayed in Glen Haven just west of Traverse City. I've you've never been, you must go. I've actually thought about Mammoth Cave, I was in Lousiville this summer and passed by the road to Knob Creek, couldn't take a detour because we were on a mission, but wanted to so bad....

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I was up at Sleeping Bear Dunes in 2012, stayed in Glen Haven just west of Traverse City. I've you've never been, you must go. I've actually thought about Mammoth Cave, I was in Lousiville this summer and passed by the road to Knob Creek, couldn't take a detour because we were on a mission, but wanted to so bad....

My son and I did Mammoth Cave and some of the surrounding caves back in 2012. Very cool. If you go, make sure you visit Diamond Caverns, which has the best flowstone formations around.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom