88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning CZ Crew! :coffee:

I wish I could help Rusty, but the closest I've come to an adventure in the last 10 years was a 9 hour Fiat drive around the back roads east of Bloomington. I guess I need to get out more.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I took a canoe across Monroe reservoir to the Hoosier National Park with my brother a few years back. Took less food than we would need for 3 days and hunted squirrels for the rest. You can camp where you like, including having a fire, as long as their isn't a burn ban. I think they want a call first before you go in, but other than hat, it's big boy rules. We don't take much when we go, there is more time to watch bald eagles and less time working in camp.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Mornin fellas. I agree the Hooosier National Forest is quite beautiful. I took a trip there with some friends this summer, a 3 day weekend isn't nearly enough to see everything down there. Hard to believe you are in Indiana when looking out over the treetops on the fire tower.

88, now an exploration drive like that sounds like a lot of fun. I'll probably wait for better weather to do that, since no point in doing it without a cool car and the GP is parked for the winter. :(

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning WTB, Rusty and Woobie!

I really need to explore the Hoosier National Forest. I've driving through it a bunch, but never got out and hiked there.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Should get my CCO today. Can't wait! :D

Sounds like you could use a range trip tomorrow! I still need to get that guide rod to you. I think that's the key to the 40P reliability issues. I'm north of 200 flawless rounds since adding a full length guide rod to mine.

Let me know if you are up to a Point Blank range trip tomorrow. My schedule is pretty much open, so I can go any time of the day before 5. I just did a Wilson Combat spring kit in my S&W 66 and need to run some ammo through it. That trigger feels scary light now in SA, but still comes in at about 2 1/2 lbs. DA is down to 8#.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sounds like you could use a range trip tomorrow! I still need to get that guide rod to you. I think that's the key to the 40P reliability issues. I'm north of 200 flawless rounds since adding a full length guide rod to mine.

Let me know if you are up to a Point Blank range trip tomorrow. My schedule is pretty much open, so I can go any time of the day before 5. I just did a Wilson Combat spring kit in my S&W 66 and need to run some ammo through it. That trigger feels scary light now in SA, but still comes in at about 2 1/2 lbs. DA is down to 8#.

Sounds like a plan to me. I may end up going in to the office tomorrow, but if not, I'll let you know and we can try to meet up around 10 or so, if that works for you...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom