Not open for further replies.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I finally held the elusive 97B and I was ready to have it shipped to VA, but those pesky store :rules: got in the way! :xmad:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    People's perceptions never cease to amaze me. Specifically, in this case, perceived recoil. I have a 75B/40 that two experienced shooters have said was a bit "snappy". I don't feel it at all. I shot the P09/40 the other day and, given its characteristics, it should be snappy, didn't really notice a difference from a nine. But, last week, my 97B seemed to be jumping on me. I have never felt that from it before. :dunno:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    People's perceptions never cease to amaze me. Specifically, in this case, perceived recoil. I have a 75B/40 that two experienced shooters have said was a bit "snappy". I don't feel it at all. I shot the P09/40 the other day and, given its characteristics, it should be snappy, didn't really notice a difference from a nine. But, last week, my 97B seemed to be jumping on me. I have never felt that from it before. :dunno:
    That is interesting. I didn't really notice any of yours to be snappy, especially the 75b/40 or the 97.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That's because 45 ACP is a monster. It cannot be tamed!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    My last range trip I decided to focus on shooting handguns at extended distances from a standing position. I have realized and confirmed that I am shooting high left with most handguns and have been for quite some time after really thinking about it. It's just really come to light here lately though, it's subtle at 7yds with some handguns, but really starts to show it's ugly head at 15-25yds. I have always shot Glocks high left and blamed the gun not fitting my hand properly. However I noticed it with the P-09 in 9mm that I had. This last range trip it was occurring with the Springer Loaded 1911 (.45) and the Sig P320 Carry (.40). But it did not happen with the P320 Compact (9mm), that did shoot a bit high but windage was right on the money. I realize the shooting high could have other factors thrown in there, like style of sights and ammo being used, so I'm not overly concerned about that unless the shooting high is related to the pulling left part and could possibly be remedied together.

I tried to correct on the spot with no real success. I made changes in my grip, my stance, where my thumbs were in relation to each other, tighter grip, looser grip. I also played around with finger placement on the trigger, more/less finger. I tried pulling the trigger in a more straight back motion. Nothing really seemed to correct the issue.

I don't really want to drift a bunch of rear sights to the right to correct something that I am doing wrong. According to this fancy chart, I'm possibly anticipating recoil and breaking my wrists up. This does make some sense as I will admit that I caught myself several times "flinching" right before firing and sometimes flinching bad enough that I caught myself and didn't pull the trigger enough to fire the gun. The flinching only occurred with the .40 and the .45, not with the 9mm. But I don't think it's necessarily a caliber issue due to experiencing same issue with P-09 in 9mm and numerous Glocks in 9mm.

I has a deep confusion.

pistol-correction-chart-jpg.13584

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom