Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The grips themselves are nice. But, I do agree they don't look nearly as good on a two tone gun. I, personally, am not a fan of VZ grips in any of the schemes I have seen so far.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not a fan of wood grips on 2 tone schemes. Black colored wood grips would be better.
    Black/gray VZ style grips would be nice. Needs something to compliment the Stainless w/ black controls look... :twocents:

Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of wood grips. The exception being the ones that come on the DW CCO and Guardian. Those are some fine looking grips!

The grips themselves are nice. But, I do agree they don't look nearly as good on a two tone gun. I, personally, am not a fan of VZ grips in any of the schemes I have seen so far.

Everybody has different tastes. I love the VZ grips and I especially like the ones with a thumb scoop or super scoop, because my hands are small enough they really help being able to hit the mag release without shifting my grip too much.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Good morning CZickos. I have a question that belongs somewhere else, but this thread wanders off topic a lot anyway, and there are a lot of opinions I respect on here.

I was in a gun shop yesterday with my boss picking up his new PPQ 45. I look down and see a Browning Hi-Power for $500. I asked to look at it, and saw a few issues. Frame to slide fit was sloppy (but not as sloppy as the Colt Gold Cup they had). It had some sort of black finish that was pretty thick. Thick enough that I could barely make out some of the marks on the slide, while others were gone. The finish also had left the safety almost inoperable. What I don't know is the condition of the metal under the finish, or how much polishing was done before the finish. So the question is, is there enough room in there to get the finish stripped, have some Lovin done to it, replace the grips, and still be in a Belgian BHP for a good price? I'm not really up on my values with these, so I appreciate the input.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One issue with the Magwell is finding flat cut grips that are not $120 a set. Those Houge pieces are right at $40 and the availability is convenient. The width with the pearce enhancements fit my hands perfectly. Function is 100% but I do agree, something in a different color might enhance the appearance.
    Not really taken the time to go on the search. I have had several VZ offerings and they do little for me.........It is an :fogey: thing........:p

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good morning CZickos. I have a question that belongs somewhere else, but this thread wanders off topic a lot anyway, and there are a lot of opinions I respect on here.

I was in a gun shop yesterday with my boss picking up his new PPQ 45. I look down and see a Browning Hi-Power for $500. I asked to look at it, and saw a few issues. Frame to slide fit was sloppy (but not as sloppy as the Colt Gold Cup they had). It had some sort of black finish that was pretty thick. Thick enough that I could barely make out some of the marks on the slide, while others were gone. The finish also had left the safety almost inoperable. What I don't know is the condition of the metal under the finish, or how much polishing was done before the finish. So the question is, is there enough room in there to get the finish stripped, have some Lovin done to it, replace the grips, and still be in a Belgian BHP for a good price? I'm not really up on my values with these, so I appreciate the input.

Ask BA what we went through with one of His CZ's. Same deal. Way to much "Paint" on it. Stripped it down and it was rough as a cobb. Did the appropriate amount of love and had AllenM re-coat it. Nice looker now.
    Be prepared to spend another $150 on it.
    You are more than welcome to bring it to my place and use the blasting cabinet.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

I think Belgian Hi Powers run about $800 and up depending on condition, as always. There would be some risk involved. There is a chance that the thick paint is hiding issues. I guess it depends on whether you are willing to gamble. If it were me, I would probably go for it at that price. You only live once.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Thank you, CM, that's very generous. $150 isn't that bad. I might get the thing if I can resurrect it without paying for a second gun's worth of work in the process.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Did it have the Star of David on it?
    Israel Police FN Belgium MK 3 Hi Power 9mm Pistol

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I think Belgian Hi Powers run about $800 and up depending on condition, as always. There would be some risk involved. There is a chance that the thick paint is hiding issues. I guess it depends on whether you are willing to gamble. If it were me, I would probably go for it at that price. You only live once.

Thats kinda my mindset, lol. But when I get in this mindset, I am just smart enough to stop and ask reasonable people if I should stop.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom