Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One other thing about tonight's range trip: That 40P rocks! That gun has some serious power. The .45 CCO felt like a very sweet, soft shooter by comparison but the 40P is a cannon next to it. I'm not swapping my EDC out for the 40P, but I can see burning through a lot of .40 out at MCFG for fun.

:rockwoot:

Why that round is so un-liked.........:dunno:

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    Hey folks.
    A rep from CZ and a rep/camera man from GUNS AND AMMO were in town today filming at one of the local law enforcement agencies; Indianapolis I think, and then headed up at TIMS in Westfield. I just missed being able to run anything they had brought in, including a few full auto samplings. Told them of my conversion from Glock, got a few free goodies, and told me their Dan Wesson line was going to substantially expand during the first of,the year.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    To those that complain about the snappy recoil......grow a set OK.

I've shot a 75b and P-06 in .40 and they both actually cut the webbing between my thumb and index finger from the recoil. No idea how that happens but every time I shoot them that happens. Probably because I've got huge hands and the guns just don't fit my hand well enough. Same guns in 9mm are fine. 1911's in .45 are fine too.

Just weird.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hey folks.
    A rep from CZ and a rep/camera man from GUNS AND AMMO were in town today filming at one of the local law enforcement agencies; Indianapolis I think, and then headed up at TIMS in Westfield. I just missed being able to run anything they had brought in, including a few full auto samplings. Told them of my conversion from Glock, got a few free goodies, and told me their Dan Wesson line was going to substantially expand during the first of,the year.

That's awesome. Would have loved to have been there :)

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Hey folks.

What was your conversation with Glock?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've shot a 75b and P-06 in .40 and they both actually cut the webbing between my thumb and index finger from the recoil. No idea how that happens but every time I shoot them that happens. Probably because I've got huge hands and the guns just don't fit my hand well enough. Same guns in 9mm are fine. 1911's in .45 are fine too.

Just weird.

It has to be a......wait for it......"Size" thing.

I had to man, :):

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The only time I've ever complained about a fotay was with my g27.... I liked it at first, almost like a "oh yeah hit me again! Harder!" But after awhile it wasn't fun anymore.... Now all the CZs I've shot in fotay have been amazing. 40B and 75b/40 were both sweet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The only time I've ever complained about a fotay was with my g27.... I liked it at first, almost like a "oh yeah hit me again! Harder!" But after awhile it wasn't fun anymore.... Now all the CZs I've shot in fotay have been amazing. 40B and 75b/40 were both sweet.

Well, it is a Glock you are referring to yes......:):

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I just completed a full polish on my recently new CZ P-09 FOTAY of all internal parts. I made trigger bar spring and trigger return spring pressure adjustments, The only part that I replaced was changing the stock 18-20 lbs mainspring with a CGW 15 lbs mainspring, this may require going to the extended CGW firing pin spring and reduced power FP spring if I have misfire's. Before the polish and tune my SA was around 5 lbs. and after the SA breaks at 3.0 lbs. and the DA pull avg at 8.3 lbs. The DA pull is very smooth and the SA breaks clean after take up. The stock hammer in SA has a longer pull after removing take up to breaking compared to a CGW race hammer that has a very crisp clean break after take up. I just wanted to see what I could achieve before going full CGW part change!
    I should be taking her to the range later this week for testing. I really like the P-09 in 40 because the perceived recoil seems less compared to other 40's I have shot.:rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just completed a full polish on my recently new CZ P-09 FOTAY of all internal parts. I made trigger bar spring and trigger return spring pressure adjustments, The only part that I replaced was changing the stock 18-20 lbs mainspring with a CGW 15 lbs mainspring, this may require going to the extended CGW firing pin spring and reduced power FP spring if I have misfire's. Before the polish and tune my SA was around 5 lbs. and after the SA breaks at 3.0 lbs. and the DA pull avg at 8.3 lbs. The DA pull is very smooth and the SA breaks clean after take up. The stock hammer in SA has a longer pull after removing take up to breaking compared to a CGW race hammer that has a very crisp clean break after take up. I just wanted to see what I could achieve before going full CGW part change!
    I should be taking her to the range later this week for testing. I really like the P-09 in 40 because the perceived recoil seems less compared to other 40's I have shot.:rockwoot:

Just doing a serious detailed polish in a 1911 shows good results. With all the contact points in the CZ ignition controls I can see how you achieved these results.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom