Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thats kinda my mindset, lol. But when I get in this mindset, I am just smart enough to stop and ask reasonable people if I should stop.

Oh? Where else did you ask this question? :laugh:

Also, how did the bore look? If the bore is marginal, with everything else, I would pass. If it looks good I might go for it.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

If it was there, it was covered up. That was not the style of safety. The grips were :facepalm: Faux ivory with engraved Grim Reapers, and the right grip was cracked. So I don't know if those are what was originally on it.

But it for that price I might be better off with that surplus. Although a part of me feels pity for this one and wants to give it a loving home.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If it was there, it was covered up. That was not the style of safety. The grips were :facepalm: Faux ivory with engraved Grim Reapers, and the right grip was cracked. So I don't know if those are what was originally on it.

Sounds like they got it from a classy individual. ;). With what you describe the finish could be just spray paint. Anyway, I would check the bore and then be prepared to haggle.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Oh? Where else did you ask this question? :laugh:

Also, how did the bore look? If the bore is marginal, with everything else, I would pass. If it looks good I might go for it.

Lol. I always check the bore, well except for last night, lol. I was partially blinded by the grips, and I was trying to make out the markings on the slide. But I will look at that before I make any decisions.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    P-09 or SP-01 for a range toy? Would be nice to have a threaded barrel so the P-09 that comes from the factory as such is appealing. Thoughts? I don't own any polymer frame handguns except for the wife's LC9s. I am on the fence about the polymer frame of the P-09.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    P-09 or SP-01 for a range toy? Would be nice to have a threaded barrel so the P-09 that comes from the factory as such is appealing. Thoughts? I don't own any polymer frame handguns except for the wife's LC9s. I am on the fence about the polymer frame of the P-09.
    There are people on here that can let you shoot them.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Difficult choice. The P-09 is a fantastic gun and very reasonably priced, but it's hard to beat the SP-01, especially a Shadow.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If I were buying a range only toy I would get an SP01. Even the standard model is phenomenal. The P09 is a great shooter and much cheaper to find one with a threaded barrel.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom