• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Welp.....There goes the CZ/1911 fund. Agreed with CM that I needed another battle ready AR after all of the recent craziness around the globe.

DD carbine upper. Built by DD with all DD parts including BCG and CH. New from an authorized dealer for $606 shipped. Cheaper than I could build something similar myself. It truly is the time to buy ARs right now.
    Capture.JPG

Lots of spreadsheets trying to figure out the best way to go. Options were:
    1) Colt LE6920-OEM1 and add my own furniture
    2) BCM rail-less complete upper with a Samson EVO and build one of my lowers with a CMC trigger
    3) Complete build with Mega barrel, CMC trigger, etc... with my matched Aero upper/lower
    4) Complete DD upper/BCG and build one of my lowers with a CMC trigger

The DD ended up coming out to be $100+ less than any other option, except the Colt, which was the same price but would only have a mil-spec trigger. Can't wait to see what all the DD hype is about. Never fondled one before...

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Welp.....There goes the CZ/1911 fund. Agreed with CM that I needed another battle ready AR after all of the recent craziness around the globe.

DD carbine upper. Built by DD with all DD parts including BCG and CH. New from an authorized dealer for $606 shipped. Cheaper than I could build something similar myself. It truly is the time to buy ARs right now.
    View attachment 43071

Fill you personal needs 1st. Then get the toys.
    Did I just refer to a 1911 as a toy.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It's a good thing that the grown up option is still fun. Maybe not as fun as a sweet 1911, but fun none the less.

Hopefully one of these days I'll be in the right position for a hot rod 1911. It's just not the time right now.

Fill you personal needs 1st. Then get the toys.
    Did I just refer to a 1911 as a toy.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I love my ARs, but the rifle that makes me smile the most when I shoot it is an M1 Carbine. I think I could be perfectly happy with that as my only rifle. Sure, it's not something you are going to reach out to 300 yards with and expect to hit with authority, but it sure is light and handy for a home defense rifle.

Before dinner tonight, my youngest son and I did a quick trip to Point Blank in Greenwood since he's never been there. We shot the 40P, CCO and his CZ pre-B 75. The 40P and the CCO were flawless even if my ain was not. The pre-B lost it's front sight though. I had thought they were milled into the slide, but I guess they are staked. This one sheared off at the base of the sight. We found it, but are scratching our heads as to what to do next. I'm thinking this is God's way of telling me to send it to Novak for a set of Novak target sights, but what other options may be out there? This is a target only pistol, so a nice set of adjustable target sights would be perfect. I've never seen a replacement sight for a pre-B.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I love my ARs, but the rifle that makes me smile the most when I shoot it is an M1 Carbine. I think I could be perfectly happy with that as my only rifle. Sure, it's not something you are going to reach out to 300 yards with and expect to hit with authority, but it sure is light and handy for a home defense rifle.

Before dinner tonight, my youngest son and I did a quick trip to Point Blank in Greenwood since he's never been there. We shot the 40P, CCO and his CZ pre-B 75. The 40P and the CCO were flawless even if my ain was not. The pre-B lost it's front sight though. I had thought they were milled into the slide, but I guess they are staked. This one sheared off at the base of the sight. We found it, but are scratching our heads as to what to do next. I'm thinking this is God's way of telling me to send it to Novak for a set of Novak target sights, but what other options may be out there? This is a target only pistol, so a nice set of adjustable target sights would be perfect. I've never seen a replacement sight for a pre-B.

Let AllenM look at it. He is really laying back from the extra work right now but he may take on the smaller jobs.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Let AllenM look at it. He is really laying back from the extra work right now but he may take on the smaller jobs.

I like that idea. I really need to get my Kimber in to him for a refinish. Right now, it's blasted bare aluminum and stainless, but I'm thinking I just am going to go with a black ceracoat to match the other CCO. I'm guessing that Allen would have an idea of what sights we could put on that gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like that idea. I really need to get my Kimber in to him for a refinish. Right now, it's blasted bare aluminum and stainless, but I'm thinking I just am going to go with a black ceracoat to match the other CCO. I'm guessing that Allen would have an idea of what sights we could put on that gun.

1st have to look it over. See how much material is there.
    CZ's are the red headed step child of the after market. Even with the surge in popularity many choose them for the price to get in the game. They have no intention of dropping $300 for parts and paying labor to put them in a $400/$450 gun.

We are the other hand are just nuts........:)

I am sure something can be done.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    1st have to look it over. See how much material is there.
    CZ's are the red headed step child of the after market. Even with the surge in popularity many choose them for the price to get in the game. They have no intention of dropping $300 for parts and paying labor to put them in a $400/$450 gun.

We are the other hand are just nuts........:)

I am sure something can be done.

I did see a picture of a pre-B with Novak cuts front and rear, so it should be doable. On the other hand, I've had one gunsmith tell me that you cannot cut a pre-B slide due to how the busing is integrated and that the 75B has the rib along the top of the slide in part to give more material for a dovetail. So, it could go either way with this. In any case, I am sure it's fixable without too much grief.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One other thing about tonight's range trip: That 40P rocks! That gun has some serious power. The .45 CCO felt like a very sweet, soft shooter by comparison but the 40P is a cannon next to it. I'm not swapping my EDC out for the 40P, but I can see burning through a lot of .40 out at MCFG for fun.

:rockwoot:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    One other thing about tonight's range trip: That 40P rocks! That gun has some serious power. The .45 CCO felt like a very sweet, soft shooter by comparison but the 40P is a cannon next to it. I'm not swapping my EDC out for the 40P, but I can see burning through a lot of .40 out at MCFG for fun.

:rockwoot:

Totally agree with you on that. I love shooting the 40P :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom