BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Misquoted by SomeRandomTool

It seems disingenuous to be so riled up over Bloomberg and Trump's 'stop and frisk' ...

It is usually considered polite to ammend a post by lining out text and indicating [changes] as boxed text. I certainly wouldn't want to be 'credited' with what is attempting to pass for thought above

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh, it's likely worse than that. Rogue prosecutors. #Resist

https://thefederalist.com/2020/02/1...j-about-stone-prison-sentence-recommendation/
    Mueller Prosecutors May Have Lied To DOJ About Stone Prison Sentence Recommendation

“The Department was shocked to see the sentencing recommendation in the filing in the Stone case last night,” the DOJ official reportedly told Fox. “The sentencing recommendation was not what had been briefed to the Department.”

The report from Fox News suggested that DOJ was in the process of rescinding the rogue prosecutors’ recommendation.

DOJ has not announced whether it will seek legal or ethical sanctions against any of the attorneys who allegedly lied to DOJ about their rogue sentencing scheme against Roger Stone. In a filing submitted late Tuesday evening, DOJ said the original sentencing memorandum did not reflect the position of the U.S. government and that a nearly decade-long sentence for a non-violent first-time criminal would be inappropriate.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Nope, they exceeded their authority in thinking they were the DoJ. Think LT COLONEL Alexander Vindman only with JD degrees. Same guy runs the DoJ who runs foreign policy

Lying to your boss is a bad look (and usually frees up your future)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nope, they exceeded their authority in thinking they were the DoJ. Think LT COLONEL Alexander Vindman only with JD degrees. Same guy runs the DoJ who runs foreign policy

Lying to your boss is a bad look (and usually frees up your future)

Did the sentencing exceed the PSI recommendations from the probation? And 4 prosecutors resigned because they lied to their boss? I think we’re venturing into the realm of disbelief, here. Guy who has been friends with the president for 4 decades, who no one denies committed he is accused, and has a sentence in line with recommendations is put on hold, and we’re looking to blame the people responsible for the successful prosecution?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Did the sentencing exceed the PSI recommendations from the probation? And 4 prosecutors resigned because they lied to their boss? I think we’re venturing into the realm of disbelief, here. Guy who has been friends with the president for 4 decades, who no one denies committed he is accused, and has a sentence in line with recommendations is put on hold, and we’re looking to blame the people responsible for the successful prosecution?

So, by extension, you're saying that all those guys that got longer sentences for selling crack than they would have gotten for equivalent quantities of flake deserved what they got as long as it fell within sentencing guidelines? Because, it seems to me a big deal was being made about fairness in that respect. I guess fairness is situational (or political) for some of us

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, by extension, you're saying that all those guys that got longer sentences for selling crack than they would have gotten for equivalent quantities of flake deserved what they got as long as it fell within sentencing guidelines? Because, it seems to me a big deal was being made about fairness in that respect. I guess fairness is situational (or political) for some of us

No, I'm saying that the federal probation department reviews charges, after conviction, and generates a pre-sentence report (PSI), to determine the appropriate sentencing for the convicted. Prosecutors tend to follow those guidelines. The PSI does take into consideration people who are convicted of similar crimes, and make a recommendation along those lines. So unless you are wanting to call the probation officers who made the recommendations "part of the 'Deep State'" as people who support the president are want to do, then I don't see the issue.

And, btw, if you do the crime, you're accept the punishment that goes along with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom