• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No one decided James Woods was a bot. Just pointing out your example of his ban was different than this.

And he had recourse, as many do: "Delete the tweet and you can keep your account."

Obviously that's twitter flexing its power... they can delete anything, but no, they want you to bend the knee and do it in a show of humility...

I don't know how many people are misidentified as a bot, though. AI isn't that good, yet. Usually pretty easy to tell.

Side note: The entire existence of Twitter bots has become a dismissive insult in itself... people just call each other bots to dehumanize and shut off conversation. That whole division thing working pretty well with that (un)intended consequence.

What I wish to get at is what would be different about the JW situation if twitter simply labeled his account a bot and took it down? Twitter would be telling you what you could see without telling you why you couldn't see it - trust them :laugh:

They are filtering your feed the same way CNN filters the news, perhaps with a slightly lighter touch (for now)

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    So James Woods is actually a bot or something? It is more likely Dorsey is amping the problem in order to garner support from the victims of his own brand of censorship for more censorship. Social media is the propaganda mothership

Edit: Declaring an account a bot would seem to be governed by some opaque algorithm if it is governed systematically in any way. Twitter is rife with examples of people banned or shadow-banned for no discernable rules violation. I fail to see how the 'a bot is what i say it is' attitude @jack can fail to be one-sided censorship. But, but ....
    twitter gets me (some faceless, anonymous censor's corporate approved version of) the news a little faster, and that is cool

I understand what you are saying and I agree, however that is not what I said.

Getting rid of bot accounts - not censorship

Getting rid of selected human accounts - censorship
    Calling humans bots to get rid of selected human accounts - censorship
    Manipulating bot definition to get rid of selected human accounts - censorship
    Manipulating rules definitions to get rid of selected human accounts - censorship
    Doing anything to get rid of selected human accounts - censorship

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If one can be 'manipulated', which I take to mean believe or do something you otherwise would not have, by anonymous strangers on twitter then perhaps you are the problem

I find the belief that everything manipulative or disagreeable on the internet/social media being part of a sinister plot, including bots, to stir the (melting) pot to be just another form of conspiracy theory. In a nod to William, the simplest theory (and therefore the likeliest) is that there exist in America today two incompatible visions for the future that cannot be reconciled and one or the other will be defeated within our lifetimes

If one is so concerned about being manipulated by propaganda, why is the suggested solution never to shut off the supply. @jack has not demonstrated anywhere near a deployed commitment to fair play and true support for a marketplace of ideas for me to applaud his latest alibis for the tendencies toward censorship he exhibits. IMO he doesn't want to encourage discussion so much as he wants to control and direct it
    Humans are easily hacked. That’s why advertising works.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's a YouTube channel called "Smarter Every Day". The guy that runs it, Destin, posts videos with deep but understandable explanations of how and why things work. Generally a well-respected channel all-around.

He just posted a bit of a thread on Twitter regarding propaganda campaigns: https://twitter.com/smartereveryday/status/1226916432363036673

I do not mean this as an insult, but I would not find it out of place to see that sentiment posted on INGO. Lots of people think Hilary is evil. He hails from Huntsville Alabama. I find it hard to believe he’s never heard that sentiment there. I didn’t live that far from the area when I lived in Missippi. Preachers on the radio said it was a sin to vote for Kerry back in the day. Said you’d go to hell.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    VdL8J1S.png

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ‘Cannot allow this miscarriage of justice!’: Trump condemns DOJ seeking up to nine years for Roger Stone

Stone lied to Congress, then when he realized he was going to get caught, he pressured another witness to lie to Congress. And then, when that witness balked, he threatened the witness' reputation, dog and life.

The witness ended up pleading the 5th to avoid talking to Congress.

But he was loyal to the president

Just change Stone to Schiff and president to Pelosi and see if you can understand why this is a yawner

Get back to me when 'justice' is one set of rules for everybody. I could care less if he pardons him. Only those most immersed in the fever dream that making Trump's friends lives hellish enough will get them to turn on him or manufacture evidence against him will applaud this

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just change Stone to Schiff and president to Pelosi and see if you can understand why this is a yawner

Get back to me when 'justice' is one set of rules for everybody. I could care less if he pardons him. Only those most immersed in the fever dream that making Trump's friends lives hellish enough will get them to turn on him or manufacture evidence against him will applaud this

Uh wut? Roger Stone was tried AND convicted. I haven't seen such concerning Schiff nor Pelosi. If they committed any crimes, forgive me, if I imagine the Bill Barr and the DoJ falling over themselves to prosecute them. So charge them, and if guilty, convict them.... but until that time, let's nit make comparisons between them, and someone who we have PROOF of committing crimes, PROOF of encouraging others to commit crimes, and them being convicted of engaging in said crimes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Epstein pleaded guilty and was convicted in 2008 by a Florida state court of procuring an underage girl for prostitution and of soliciting a prostitute. He served almost 13 months in custody, but with extensive work release. He was convicted of only these two crimes as part of a plea deal; federal officials had in fact identified 36 girls, some as young as 14 years old, whom Epstein had sexually abused.

Compare that to 9 years, and then talk to me about 'justice'. I'm sure you know of many more cases where serious, violent offenders have gotten off with much lighter sentences. It is legal blackmail in the hope that someone can be squeezed to do the job for them that the whistle sucker could not. I look forward to the time when it is the traitors in the thumb screws and the resistance mewling about justice. I will be laughing, and i won't be alone

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom