Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Shot:
    EQmI2-ZX0AAEhuz

Chaser:
    EQmI2-YWsAA_Lcg

With this post are you equating the shot and chaser?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Shot:
    EQmI2-ZX0AAEhuz

Chaser:
    EQmI2-YWsAA_Lcg

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/mediaite/

Mediaite

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Analysis / Bias

In review, Mediaite reports news with a left leaning bias through both story selection and wording such as this, Trump Fumes After Watching MSNBC, Takes Aim at Parent Company: ‘Such Lies’ and Trump’s Bizarre Statement About the Moon and Mars Rockets Across Twitter.[/FONT]
    This latter story is sourced to just tweets. Sourcing in general seems to frequently come from social media and Youtube video.[FONT=&amp] Story selection almost always favors the left and utilizes sensational headlines that do not match the story. In general, this is a strongly left leaning source that selects stories that favor the left and does not always source properly.

Overall, we rate Mediaite Left Biased based on story selection that almost always favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to misleading sensational headlines and use of poor sources. (8/21/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 6/8/2019)
    [/FONT]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd never heard of the "horseface" thing before, but Ingomike's post #1983 sums it up pretty well. And are we sure Trump said horseface and not "whore's face"? ;)

Trump said:
    “Federal Judge throws out Stormy Danials lawsuit versus Trump. Trump is entitled to full legal fees.”
    @FoxNews
    Great, now I can go after Horseface and her 3rd rate lawyer in the Great State of Texas. She will confirm the letter she signed! She knows nothing about me, a total con!

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1052213711295930368?lang=en

I mean, my post isn't even criticizing the President. It's more of a humorous jab at Lewandowski. We already know what the President has said. It's just funny that Lewandowski implies Trump hasn't said something similar to describe a woman, when he obviously was aware of it (he commented on it.)

That's it. That's all. That's the joke.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    No, I'm saying that the federal probation department reviews charges, after conviction, and generates a pre-sentence report (PSI), to determine the appropriate sentencing for the convicted. Prosecutors tend to follow those guidelines. The PSI does take into consideration people who are convicted of similar crimes, and make a recommendation along those lines. So unless you are wanting to call the probation officers who made the recommendations "part of the 'Deep State'" as people who support the president are want to do, then I don't see the issue.

And, btw, if you do the crime, you're accept the punishment that goes along with it.

Maybe you know this but the correct phrase is 'are wont to do'.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1052213711295930368?lang=en

I mean, my post isn't even criticizing the President. It's more of a humorous jab at Lewandowski. We already know what the President has said. It's just funny that Lewandowski implies Trump hasn't said something similar to describe a woman, when he obviously was aware of it (he commented on it.)

That's it. That's all. That's the joke.

No, I get it, I just hadn't heard about Trump's tweet before. I'm not a tweeter. Or a monkey man. (Traveling Wilburys reference) :):

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No, I get it, I just hadn't heard about Trump's tweet before. I'm not a tweeter. Or a monkey man. (Traveling Wilburys reference) :):

Yes. We have found common ground. :)

Tweeter and the Monkey Man were hard up for cash
    They stayed up all night selling cocaine and hash
    To an undercover cop who had a sister named Jan
    For reasons unexplained she loved the Monkey Man

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    One of of these is not the same. Calling a 21 year old girl at a campaign rally a liar and "dog face pony soldier" is in a different category than calling a stripper/hooker extortionist a "horseface". Not even close...

I'm pretty sure there was no malice attached to the phrase. Unlike when trumps issued his "horseface" quip.
    And:
    "Look at that face, would anyone vote for that" (referring to Carly Fiorina)
    "Tha dog" (referring to Omarosa)
    "Stop with bad plastic surgery" (referring to Cher)

I mean c'mon. If you need more, I have a LOT more. This not a hill Trumpers should try and make a stand on.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm pretty sure there was no malice attached to the phrase. Unlike when trumps issued his "horseface" quip.
    And:
    "Look at that face, would anyone vote for that" (referring to Carly Fiorina)
    "Tha dog" (referring to Omarosa)
    "Stop with bad plastic surgery" (referring to Cher)

I mean c'mon. If you need more, I have a LOT more. This not a hill Trumpers should try and make a stand on.

How dare you leave the best one out. Bleeding Mika Brezinski...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes. We have found common ground. :)

I figured you'd get the reference. :)

Tweeter was a boy scout before she went to Vietnam
    And found out the hard way, nobody gives a damn
    They knew that they'd find freedom just across the Jersey Line
    So they hopped into a stolen car, took Highway 99

And the walls came down
    All the way to hell
    Never saw them when they're standing
    Never saw them when they fell

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What's your point? Did Corey not say that?

Did Trump not tweet it?

What are you getting at here?

That propaganda lives in the presentation, the way the 'facts' are chosen and juxtaposed

Let's consider that story from another angle.

Biden was appearing at an open question and answer session for NH voters, and that is how he described a potential voter who asked him a question he didn't like
    The example for comparison is how Trump may have described a person who was an adversarial participant in bitter court proceedings of dubious merit. So, the comparison can be said to be true because when comparing that apple to that orange, they do share some general similarities; roundness for instance

And you never include a link so we can read anything for ourselves. I refuse to search Mediaite's twitter feed for the implicated story, nor can I tell whether the 'chaser' is part of the Mediaite story or your own insertion. I am pointing out that you are using a left-biased site to set up a supposed comparison to paint Lewandowski as hypocritical when I might mention that in other circumstances you have been critical or searching a person's every utterance in order to perform such gotcha-type 'journalism' - which in itself seems a but ... you know

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When you can't find fault with the information given, attack the source. BUG is typically sharper than that.

What I actually have a problem with is the presentation. I cite extensively, because INGO usually wants to see for themselves and it saves needless back and forth to provide it up front (although this has gotten me flack for being enamored of appeal to authority). I seldom just randomly drop extraneous bits of information into a thread where it seems like they might fit if you really stretch constraints on relevance. I also comment on linbks to give other readers some idea of my thought process for posting at all

Is it really that hard to include links? Or if it's supposed to be a joke, maybe the funny political pictures thread would clarify that intent - especially from someone who has criticized the 'only joking' defense for social faux pas

Edit: When people fail to include links up front, it certainly makes me wonder what they're hiding/question the information more

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That propaganda lives in the presentation, the way the 'facts' are chosen and juxtaposed

Let's consider that story from another angle.

Biden was appearing at an open question and answer session for NH voters, and that is how he described a potential voter who asked him a question he didn't like
    The example for comparison is how Trump may have described a person who was an adversarial participant in bitter court proceedings of dubious merit. So, the comparison can be said to be true because when comparing that apple to that orange, they do share some general similarities; roundness for instance

And you never include a link so we can read anything for ourselves. I refuse to search Mediaite's twitter feed for the implicated story, nor can I tell whether the 'chaser' is part of the Mediaite story or your own insertion. I am pointing out that you are using a left-biased site to set up a supposed comparison to paint Lewandowski as hypocritical when I might mention that in other circumstances you have been critical or searching a person's every utterance in order to perform such gotcha-type 'journalism' - which in itself seems a but ... you know

Can't believe I really have to explain this. Well, I can, but only because you're playing ignorant for a different reason.

Alright, let's start at the images.

If you look at the sources, you'll find this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQmI2-ZX0AAEhuz?format=jpg&name=small

"pbs.twimg" means it's from a Tweet. I know that terrifies you, but stick with me here. I saw a tweet that had those two images, so I right-clicked, copy image link, and pasted it here on INGO in order to embed them in my post. Now let's look at the irrelevant parts: The sources in the images.

See, Corey said what he said on Fox News. I could get the video clip from Fox News and post that instead, but it sort of takes away the humor because it's not as quick as just reading the quote of what he said. Let's continue dissecting this frog of a joke...

The context is also meaningless here. These are words that were said, or typed, and that's indisputable. The whole joke is a jab at Lewandowski, not Trump. No one really cares what Trump said in the past about Stormy Daniels. It's just about what Corey said about it, seemingly contradicting himself. I sort of thought Corey wasn't really a loved character in this story anymore... seems he still has some "must defend at all costs" status attached to him.

Are you so bored that you have to get this petty over a joke? Ask some other users to post links and citations with their image jokes, I'm sure that'll make for a super-fun forum experience. Making it sound malicious like there's "something to hide" when the entire joke is based on the one line is pretty funny, though. You're a few steps away from just coming out and calling me a leftist.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Can't believe I really have to explain this. Well, I can, but only because you're playing ignorant for a different reason.

Alright, let's start at the images.

If you look at the sources, you'll find this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQmI2-ZX0AAEhuz?format=jpg&name=small

"pbs.twimg" means it's from a Tweet. I know that terrifies you, but stick with me here. I saw a tweet that had those two images, so I right-clicked, copy image link, and pasted it here on INGO in order to embed them in my post. Now let's look at the irrelevant parts: The sources in the images.

See, Corey said what he said on Fox News. I could get the video clip from Fox News and post that instead, but it sort of takes away the humor because it's not as quick as just reading the quote of what he said. Let's continue dissecting this frog of a joke...

The context is also meaningless here. These are words that were said, or typed, and that's indisputable. The whole joke is a jab at Lewandowski, not Trump. No one really cares what Trump said in the past about Stormy Daniels. It's just about what Corey said about it, seemingly contradicting himself. I sort of thought Corey wasn't really a loved character in this story anymore... seems he still has some "must defend at all costs" status attached to him.

Are you so bored that you have to get this petty over a joke? Ask some other users to post links and citations with their image jokes, I'm sure that'll make for a super-fun forum experience. Making it sound malicious like there's "something to hide" when the entire joke is based on the one line is pretty funny, though. You're a few steps away from just coming out and calling me a leftist.

1) Would it have killed you (because it certainly wouldn't have made the joke less lame) to have linked to the actual Mediaite tweet so we/I could see context, and then after you delivered the 'punchline' source that material too?

2) Show me on the doll where the 'boomers' hurt you

3) Stop me if you've heard this one: "Say what you mean, mean what you say"

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    1) Would it have killed you (because it certainly wouldn't have made the joke less lame) to have linked to the actual Mediaite tweet so we/I could see context, and then after you delivered the 'punchline' source that material too?

It wasn't a Mediaite tweet, Bug. It was a tweet from someone I follow that posted those two images. Mediaite remains irrelevant, you're flailing here.

Let me re-do the joke, but it's far less impactful because it's messy without just being easy images.
    Shot:
    Corey Lewandowski: “You’re a dog face, whatever he called people,” Lewandowski said. “Can you imagine for one second if Donald Trump said that? Every media outlet in the country would be saying he hates women.”

The source of this is a Fox News interview with Corey Lewandowski on Wednesday. The clip can be heard at the :44 second mark at the video of the Fox News segment embeded here. I can't find the clip elsewhere, but it's just from Fox News, and I don't know what "Contemptor" is or their political leanings, but it's literally video of him saying it, not edited: https://contemptor.com/2020/02/12/c...you-imagine-if-trump-called-a-woman-dog-face/ , here's another version from Newsweek: https://www.newsweek.com/corey-lewa...-comment-if-trump-said-it-media-would-1487067

Chaser:

Trump said:
    “Federal Judge throws out Stormy Danials lawsuit versus Trump. Trump is entitled to full legal fees.”
    @FoxNews
    Great, now I can go after Horseface and her 3rd rate lawyer in the Great State of Texas. She will confirm the letter she signed! She knows nothing about me, a total con!

The source for this is Trump's tweet here:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1052213711295930368

Really takes away the quickness that jokes sort of need. Not really funny, and makes me look petty for going through so much trouble to jab at a nobody like Lewandowski. It's goes from a 10-seconds of effort joke to a stinker.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom